Roberto Firmino

aqua2nd

I think both Mane and Salah would be great players without Firmino. They would be on the same level in most other teams, Firmino on the other hand would not.

Firmino originally played as AM, I think he still can be great there with his pressing and passing ability

Zidane82

And without Mane and Salah, Firmino would be considered an average forward who doesn't score enough.

He’s arguably Liverpool’s most important player , only VVD can be regarded as important/influential as Firmino.

To label him as average suggests either you know very little about football OR you’ve not seen much of him playing ..

Catta

He’s arguably Liverpool’s most important player , only VVD can be regarded as important/influential as Firmino.

To label him as average suggests either you know very little about football OR you’ve not seen much of him playing ..

I said average forward who doesn't score enough. He is a good player, but an average goalscorer. 10, 11, 15, 12 This are his league goals in his Liverpool career, if Suarez had those numbers, regardless of his other contribution, you would be the first one to shit on him. Because you hate Suarez, and love Firmino.

And regarding my little knowledge, I was one of the first on this forum who started saying that Busi is done at this club, and is one of the main reasons the club doesn't win any more CL. But you will say again that I know very little, because like Firmino, you love Busi, and see no fault in his play.

Only you think that he is the most important player in Liverpool. Do you really think if the club had to sell one its star players, they would sell Mane, Salah, VVD or Alisson before Firmino. Liverpool became a force when Salah, Alisson and VVD came to the club.

Firmino is a system player, can play great in only a couple of teams. Just wait till Klopp leaves, and then you will see which Liverpool players were great, and which were average.

Batistuta9

For me, salah, mane and firmino are all on the same level. The only reason the other 2 score more than firmino is because that is how the team is set up and it is working so why change it. The role firmino is doing is similar what benzema did for cr7 and bale but now he has turned into their main goalscorer. I'm sure firmino could start scoring at least 20 goals a season.

Zidane82

The people who don’t rate Firmino have probably saying Busqs has been average player for the last ten years or so ..

EdmondDantes

Possibly but it would have been a bit soft since Mane got his shot away and Liverpool pumped them 1-4 anyway. If that's a CL final that's a different story though. Sadio would have milked it a bit more.

LABarcaFan

Firmino originally played as AM, I think he still can be great there with his pressing and passing ability
. Passing ability? Do you watch Liverpool's games? From 29 matches he has scored 8 times and has 7 assists. That is one assist on every four games. Does that make him the most important player in the squad? Average play-makers have better assist stats.

You are very very wrong here. Firmino's good days are in the past and he has never being even close to the level of player Van Dijk is

2-3 years ago he was a real treat, scoring on volume and creating situations for other. Since Salah and Mane came to the team, his game went down and is still ongoing process. As a false # 9, he has a lot more space to operate and does not attract the attention of the opponents defenders. Unfortunately, he is not taking advantage of this situation. He is still their main play-maker because Vijnaldum and Oxlade-Chamberline are not any better. But this may change this summer with the eventual arrival of Kai Havertz and Timo Werner.

Last edited:

LABarcaFan

For me, salah, mane and firmino are all on the same level. The only reason the other 2 score more than firmino is because that is how the team is set up and it is working so why change it. The role firmino is doing is similar what benzema did for cr7 and bale but now he has turned into their main goalscorer. I'm sure firmino could start scoring at least 20 goals a season.

Hmm! On paper they may be on the same level, but not in the reality. Till that CL final against Real, when Ramos intentionally dislocated his shoulder, Salah was the the most important player of the team. After that game, he is not even close to that level. Firmino should step in and start scoring more, but he failed to do so. Mane is now their main scoring option with Firmino playing secondary role and yes, that luck of finishing or play-making made him an average player. It is not Klopp's system the reason for that, it is him, not involving himself in the game's finishing stage.

Home of Barca Fans