Roberto Firmino

Zidane82

Firmino is insane.

Silkiest fucker in football right now, he just oozes class.

[tw]1172860535496433666[/tw]

Thanks . That’s the flick I was referring to .. one of about five fabulous flicks shown in the highlights.. they’re just the icing on his all round link up play .

Yannik

if he scored 10+ more goals more per season he'd have a legitimate claim for best No 9 in the world.

EdmondDantes

if he scored 10+ more goals more per season he'd have a legitimate claim for best No 9 in the world.

He scored 27 the season before last, which is not that bad.

He's just too selfless and too much of a 'false 9', or more like 10 this season to put up crazy numbers when Klopp's machine is more geared towards the wide forwards to finish things off.

He's a unique player.

Pfmpd1

I just wish people would just flamin well watch Firmino a few times and stop looking at his goal tally

Nah he's crap, he doesn't score enough goals.
Fingers crossed the real madrid and barca and psg of the world will take no notice of him.

I'd rather lose Mane or salah before firmino.

El Flaco

He scored 27 the season before last, which is not that bad.

He's just too selfless and too much of a 'false 9', or more like 10 this season to put up crazy numbers when Klopp's machine is more geared towards the wide forwards to finish things off.

He's a unique player.

Not really. Benzema (when he was part of Real Madrid's BBC-trio) had exact same role as Firmino while being a lot more prolific.

Zidane82

Not really. Benzema (when he was part of Real Madrid's BBC-trio) had exact same role as Firmino while being a lot more prolific.

I recall seeing Bemzema being unselfish and letting Cronaldo score the goals and take the limelight BUT Bemzema wasn't the glue that held the whole team together whilst creating space and chances for the other two forwards , going deep , winning the ball and setting up breakaway attacks ..

https://youtu.be/cblIifZdCoI

https://youtu.be/DYAOIlcKTqM

https://youtu.be/AXVL7XbXvhs

Last edited:

El Gato

Villarato!

I think you need to look up the definition of prolific. He averaged 0.48 goals per game in the time BBC was in the club. 0.4 if you don't count his anomalously good 15/16 season which skews his goal ratio up, because he's been injured for a large part of it (missed 1/3 of games).

El Flaco

I think you need to look up the definition of prolific. He averaged 0.48 goals per game in the time BBC was in the club. 0.4 if you don't count his anomalously good 15/16 season which skews his goal ratio up, because he's been injured for a large part of it (missed 1/3 of games).

Although goal-per-game ratio don't really tell full story in Benzema's case (being subbed off, doesn't take penalties/FKs etc), it's still great nonetheless for someone who's 3rd option for Real Madrid. Benzema regulary scored around 20 goals or more except 17/18 season, something Firmino has yet to show.

El Gato

Villarato!
Although goal-per-game ratio don't really tell full story in Benzema's case (being subbed off, doesn't take penalties/FKs etc), it's still great nonetheless for someone who's 3rd option for Real Madrid. Benzema regulary scored around 20 goals or more except 17/18 season, something Firmino has yet to show.

20-25 goals (which is not his regular output) is not 'prolific'. It just happens to be more than Firmino.

It is a minimum output you'd expect from a player playing as a centre forward of Real Madrid regardless of conditions. Our wingers regularly reach 20 when consistently a part of the 11. Centre forward gets far more than enough chances to do so. He doesn't need to take penalties to reach 30 goals, last season proved that. Without having to take free kicks.

Home of Barca Fans