Douglas Pereira dos Santos

Tomchin

I've rarely seen first team players change to a diff number once they've been allotted one. I can only remember Alves doing so in honor of his former teammate and the number being available. If Douglas gets 16, he'll mostly keep it till he's with us. The 16 therefore should be reserved for Samper, and 19 having the messi mark reserved for Alen. Douglas can wear the 17.
Alves changed from 20 to 2 first (or vice-versa) before he got 22. And Sergi Roberto changed recently to 20 I think?

JamDav1982

I don't remember any such instance.

Alves this season is one example and lots of other examples of players changing numbers.

The club decides the numbers and if they want Samper to get 16 he will get it.

If Samper doesnt get 16 he can stamp his name on another number. It is no big deal whatsoever.

Zangash

Banned
So the 16 went from being on the back of one of our most important players to a number on the back of a player that really has no right whatsoever to wear the Barca colors?

So much for it becoming a number of relevance one day. Giving it to Samper while he comes up through the first team would have given it a bit of a legacy 4-6 years down the road. Now it's just another fodder number. That's like Xavi leaving and giving Lord Song the 6. Meh.

JamDav1982

So the 16 went from being on the back of one of our most important players to a number on the back of a player that really has no right whatsoever to wear the Barca colors?

So much for it becoming a number of relevance one day. Giving it to Samper while he comes up through the first team would have given it a bit of a legacy 4-6 years down the road. Now it's just another fodder number. That's like Xavi leaving and giving Lord Song the 6. Meh.

You are looking far too much into it.

Samper can get that number if they want to give it to him and it wont in any way be tainted.

zanela

Failed the keepie-uppies and kissed the badge. :p

I hope the journo who asked zubi if it was wise to offer a 5 year contract to verm, is present in today's PC.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans