Douglas Pereira dos Santos

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Because so often the last board are held up and Laporta regarded as a hero no matter what he did.

The previous board are the yard stick used to compare everything this board does, every single day.

There is no doubt about that Laporta's board made some seriously shady deals as well and they are indeed compared to this board and made out to be better because of them laying more importance on the sporting project than this board which consists more of corporate whores to be fair.

JamDav1982

There is no doubt about that Laporta's board made some seriously shady deals as well and they are indeed compared to this board and made out to be better because of them laying more importance on the sporting project than this board which consists more of corporate whores to be fair.

This board had to have more of a focus on the corporate side for the club to continue competing and to be able to move forward.

There is just never any truth from either side - the current board will over exagerate the financial situation previously and look to get a new stadium as they can never compete with what improvements were made off the pitch by previous board.

On the flip side the previous board Cruyff etc will moan about the sporting side being neglected and too much corporate focus when in fact it has been needed and the say they led the club means it is needed. The previous board will know full well that Barcelona needed to go down more of a corporate route to compete at top level.

Neither side will ever tell the whole truth.

CuleLife4Life

There is no evidence that the board have done anything wrong technically but anyone with a brain and Google knows something isn't right.

Douglas isn't even once of those players that as potential and gets you excited about the future like a lot of other players. He is just there.

But he is a Barca player now so good luck to him. Although if Lucho and the board are smart they don't play him in important games.

JamDav1982

There is no evidence that the board have done anything wrong technically but anyone with a brain and Google knows something isn't right.

Douglas isn't even once of those players that as potential and gets you excited about the future like a lot of other players. He is just there.

But he is a Barca player now so good luck to him. Although if Lucho and the board are smart they don't play him in important games.

What do you think is really going on and who is lining their pockets?

F

Flavia

What do you think is really going on and who is lining their pockets?

Andre Cury and Traffic are the force behind this deal, Jamdav. Who's behind them, no way to know. You might want to ignore it as much as you like, but Traffic being involved, as they owned 40% of Douglas rights, and the fact he's not that good, are clear indications this isn't a footballing signing.

Egert

Estonian Culé
With his wife and son

11ayigy.jpg

I

instinct

His son be like ''My dad plays for Barcelona, get out the way idiot''

JamDav1982

Andre Cury and Traffic are the force behind this deal, Jamdav. Who's behind them, no way to know. You might want to ignore it as much as you like, but Traffic being involved, as they owned 40% of Douglas rights, and the fact he's not that good, are clear indications this isn't a footballing signing.

Regardless of how good he is traffic would be involved.

Are you 100% convinced he will have no role to play at Barca and that at the very least Barca wont get some money back on him?

Genuine question as I have never seen him play.

F

Flavia

Regardless of how good he is traffic would be involved.

Are you 100% convinced he will have no role to play at Barca and that at the very least Barca wont get some money back on him?

Genuine question as I have never seen him play.

You didn't understand me. He was bought because he belonged to Traffic. Being good or bad was irrelevant. I think he'll have the same fate as henrique/keirrison.
I can see him being loaned on january, and being on loan until his contract expires. Or he'll go on a free transfer.

I don't believe Lucho will be able to teach him some basics needed to play football, or for Barça. If he was 19, but he is 24.
Much better players struggled to fit in. If not for the transfer ban, this wouldn't be worrying me as it is, though.

Home of Barca Fans