Lliga: Villarreal - FC Barcelona 0-1

cro-man

But people said Mathieu is bad :)

Ok, he almost scored an own goal, but still he was a beast especially in the air.

Yeah very good defending!! He almost scored an own goal and his clearances resulted almost in goals for villareal. How on earth can you guys praise him for this performance??

dakt

Mathieu was awful. It seems to me that he lost his calm quite easily when being pressed. His blunders nearly cost us the game.

It's a thin line between good clear and own goal. Happens to the best all the time. He was fine.

Androutsos

Last year those kinda balls went straight through and were tapped in. I am happy that he was attacking it. Kinda shows our standards though.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Barcelona made 40 crosses (including corners) against Villarreal, record for a team in a Liga game this season #fcblive [via opta]

Gaudi

Well teams evolved against us, as simple as that...they used to play football and we created chances for fun, but now they play 3 line defence (deep one I should add) and that is hard to penetrate. Of course this leaves space on wings and now as a winger you can either pass the ball back or cross it. To be fair to Alves lots of time he had only those 2 things to choose from...
Good thing, unlike last year, is that yesterday we attacked box, we had bodies in there, with Suarez in to add some power and streingth that could work (you only need to open opponents) but problem is not Alves taking crosses problem is that his crossing is just afwul...9/10 are floating balls to noone.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Yeah. The crossing was worrying. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt though since Luchos only just started.

barcanuck

I felt we had good control of the match despite the pitch. Loved the long balls by Ivan and his defensive coverage was great. Lucho made a great subs and didn't wait long to make them once again impressed with bus subs. Big 3 points and a clean sheet in a tough stadium!

Home of Barca Fans