FC Barcelona Goals Analysis 2014-2015

BerkeleyBernie

I was thinking it would be interesting to analyze every Barça goal scored in every non-friendly game this season. Most people look at or remember only the goal scorer, the assist player, and perhaps sometimes a key pass. This is all that shows up in stats, but often (and especially with Barça), more players are involved- a key tackle or interception, other players involved in the buildup of a team move, players moving to draw defenders away from ball carrier, etc. Also, what did the opposition do (or fail to do) that allowed the goal to be created? When in the game did the goal occur? Against a parked bus, a counter attack, etc? A spacy sub scoring late in the game against tired legs. Analyzing in this way will be more revealing than just the usual stats.

So, I'm inviting people to post suggestions of factual details we'd want to include, so we have some structure to the analysis, in addition to free form essay summaries. Some details besides the goal scorer and assist player might be:
1. Barça squad on pitch
2. Opponent squad on pitch
3. Minute scored
4. Method of scoring
5. How move started
6. Players involved in the move
7. Shot fired location
8. Shot placement location

Once we have a basic structure, anyone can submit an analysis, whether for only one goal, or for every Barça goal in the game.

Could also do a goals conceded thread, but I'm not that interested in that myself.

Any interest?

Home of Barca Fans