Champions League Final 2009: FC Barcelona vs ManUtd: Champions of Europe!

maz

I walk the line
Yeah i heard about that. But i dont hold much hope simply because UEFA dont have a great record of overturning these things. We'll see...

Jaumet

All round Nice Guy
Fletchers aint... It stands

Abidals should to, Anelka would of scored, he did tap his ankles and he was last mano

Thierry

Anelka is a Wuss. Could he not take even a slight shrug from his similar-man-size Abidal before he ditched at least.?

mybe then we would be convinced enough...

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
People were suggesting it was a fix. I just reminded them about Abidal and they admitted it maybe wasn't. He didn't touch Anelka.

TiTi

We have to prepair our defence for May 27th .... i would go with Puyol------Pique-----Caceres----Sylvinho because we need Yaya in middfield...

redout

I reckon its going to be:

-----------Valdes

Puyol - Pique - Toure - Sylvinho

----------Busquets

Iniesta----------------Xavi

Messi-----------------Henry

-----------Eto'o

Will Pep really stick 35 year old Sylvinho at LB against Ronaldo ? Seems suicide in fairness. Pace wise Ronaldo would destroy him. Alves has no natural attacking replacement and Puyol at RB wont push on and be as effective. Caceres is a non-starter in my eyes.

maz

I walk the line
I almost agree with that, althogh i cant see yayá going at the back. Man utd dont play with big CF's, and infact its their midfield and wide players that will cause the most problems (including central players who drift wide). Not to mention busquets is a good player to bring on to link up with xavi and yayá if we are leading towards the end. I think:

puyi---piqué--marty---sylvi

----------yayá------------
----xavi-------iniesta------

messi----------------henry
----------eto'o------------

By the way, welcome to the site! When i saw your username i thought u were a man utd fan.

redout

I almost agree with that, althogh i cant see yayá going at the back. Man utd dont play with big CF's, and infact its their midfield and wide players that will cause the most problems (including central players who drift wide). Not to mention busquets is a good player to bring on to link up with xavi and yayá if we are leading towards the end. I think:

puyi---piqué--marty---sylvi

----------yayá------------
----xavi-------iniesta------

messi----------------henry
----------eto'o------------

Is that Caceres ? I really dont think Pep has much faith in him this season to be honest and really couldnt see him picking him for the clubs most important game in 3 years. As I said already about Sylvinho - Ronaldo could outrun him all night down the wing and could cross into the box unopposed and we all know Barca are by no means the best at defending high balls into the box although the options in that position are rather limited as Abidal is out and Puyol will most likely be required on the right. Pep has a lot of hard thinking before him to name the right side.

Home of Barca Fans