Man of the Match 14/15 edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickykid

The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award - 14/15 Edition
Elche, La Liga at home (3-0)

1. Messi (55,1%) Beast mode. Behind most attacking moves, lots of off-ball movement, contributed defensively, unrecognizable from the static Messi of 2013. ~ BerkeleyBernie

2. Rakitic (23,7%) awesome debut, moves into the perfect positions to do whatever is required of him and has a great defensive hustle. ~ DonAndres

3. Munir (8,2%) first big team game first goal and what a deft left foot touch it was! ~ barcanuck

Random fact(s) of the round:

• With 54 voters The Official Barcaforum.com MoM-thread award thread reached a new milestone. The precious record dates all the way back to the 12th of March 2013, where the team turned the ChL tie against AC Milan around with a spendid attacking display and a 4-0 victory at the Camp Nou, meaning we advanced to the Quarters with a 4-2 aggregate win. Back then 50 forum users found their way to the thread.
  • With 268 personal voting points, Messi has set a new record for voting points on a single player.
  • In all 3 editions of this thread, Messi has managed to be on the podium in the very first round of La Liga. In 2012 he ended up in 1st spot against Real Sociedad and he scored a second place against Levante in last years 7-0 trashing of Real Madrid's new goalie.
  • Rakitic and Munir are the first players to step unto the podium in their competetive debuts for the team. (Note: Both Song and Neymar managed the same in their first appearances in the starting XI, but both had been used as subs prior to that)

I've finally ditched Office all together, and gone full Google Drive, meaning the charts will look different than the previous seasons. It's not as pretty, by a long stretch, but the functionality suits me well, so I'll probably stick with this for now.

v30x00.jpg

Last edited:

Trickykid

Busi
Messi
Sandro, solely for being at the right place at the right time and doing what the others couldn't.

serghei

1. Pique - impeccable tonight.
2. Alves - created the most chances of our team.
3. Messi - tried hard, almost scored, gave 1 precious assist.

F

Flavia

Messi - all offensive outputs coming from him, again.
Busi
Sandro

Mentions to Pique and Alves(despite crossing too much, he was very good today too).

BerkeleyBernie

1. Messi - only creative player on the pitch today, with Iniesta missing. MOTM by far.

TBH, no other important performances. The entire team worked hard, defense solid for the most part, but Villarreal was tough to break down. So:

2. Sandro- made the run to be in the right place, and knocked it home.
3. Neymar- have to give it to him for the important key pass leading to goal. Many similar passes by others earlier in the game, but no result until Villarreal tired.

HM: Alves- needs to dribble and shoot more, but his crosses weren't ridiculous, and worked hard to make something happen on the right.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Messi - Created the most and Rafinha and Pedro should have scored or atleast hit target from atleast two chances, almost scored and gave the assist to Sandro's goal.
Neymar - Much needed energy added to our game, we instantly looked better and more dangerous when he came on. Also had a key pass to Messi for our goal.
Sandro - Well..... He scored a very important goal. That is more than enough to warrant a 3rd place in my book.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
1. Messi- GOAT blah blah phenom blah blah
2. Busquets- Did what he needed to do
3. Sandro- for being the best Canarian on our team, best looking Canarian too

Icarium

Lifestealer
1. Messi once again. #Messidependencia
2. Sandro just for his goal
3. Busi

Don't want to put Neymar in because of his missed chances. For a moment i thought i was watching Torres. But his pass was great though..

I

instinct

Messi - He is was our most lethal player and made a great assist for Sandro. Could have scored 1-2 goals too.

Neymar - You could see that he isn't at 100% yet but he improved our game. Great pass to Messi before the goal

Sandro - Yeah, he scored the goal. Will give him a confidence-boost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans