How optimistic are you about next season?

On a scale of 1 to 10, how optimistic are you about next season?

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 1.0%

Votes: 2 2.0%

Votes: 3 2.9%

Votes: 10 9.8%

Votes: 21 20.6%

Votes: 26 25.5%

Votes: 19 18.6%

Votes: 17 16.7%

• Total voters

ebc_99

9 for me, we have the best midfield and attack in the world, and in Ter Stegen a really top class talent in goal. Our only weakness is our defence, but it has been improved over the summer and it has always been a weak point of ours even at our best so we don't need it to be world class to win the top trophies.

I think that at our best, we are the best and it is up to Lucho to make sure that happens as often as possible.

serghei

I'm an 8 so far, but it's kind of too early to tell. I'm not sure about Luis Enrique, and how great of a manager he really is. Make no mistake, the manager plays a key role.

I see that many talk about Suarez, Messi, Neymar or Iniesta, but for me the most important person for the future of this team is Lucho. The quality is obvious, but performances win you thropies (and by performances I understand the act of showing your value on the pitch), not the general consensus regarding the worth of a player.

Last edited:
I'm an 8 so far, but it's kind of too early to tell. I'm not sure about Luis Enrique, and how great of a manager he really is. Make no mistake, the manager plays a key role.

I see that many talk about Suarez, Messi, Neymar or Iniesta, but for me the most important person for the future of this team is Lucho. The quality is obvious, but performances win you thropies (and by performances I understand the act of showing your value on the pitch), not the general consensus regarding the worth of a player.

Agreed. Tito and Tata were the main reasons for the team's failures in the past 2 seasons. The coach is arguably the most important part of the team. A lot depends on how good Enrique is. If he sucks, the season could be disastrous. If he turns out to be awesome, we could win a treble.

Last edited:

Richard.H

I picked 8 also, mainly because I think Lucho is a much better fit for this club than Tata. Also, I don't have crazy expectations. Only La Liga and I will be very happy with this season. Even if we don't win any trophies but show a lot of improvement, I will still be satisfied.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Accidentally voted 10 :lol: Wanted to vote 7/8

Luis enrique and our defense are the key. If they click we will be awesome.

Guardian

Based on the players signed.
Vermaelen will be sidelined with different injuries for most of the season, as his playing history shows. Can't remember a season without a serious injury for him. Even the Belgian waffles look more solid than him.
Suarez will be banned for 10 or 20 games for calling Benzema "Arab terrorist" or for calling Toni Kroos a "nazi kraut". Or for eating Isco's dog.
Mathieu, the 20-million young super prospect, will have a great season though. He'll be so good that he will convince Lucho to make him Barca's skipper. In the end of the season Lucho will move him upfront to play alongside Messi and Neymar, in Suarez absence.
O yep, and Claudio Bravo. He will warm the bench nicely, 12 million, when Reina was available for 2.
Anyway.
I'm not going to be very popular in this forum, am I :)?

GoobiePls

S♥NE

Vermaelen will be sidelined with different injuries for most of the season, as his playing history shows. Can't remember a season without a serious injury for him. Even the Belgian waffles look more solid than him.
Suarez will be banned for 10 or 20 games for calling Benzema "Arab terrorist" or for calling Toni Kroos a "nazi kraut". Or for eating Isco's dog.
Mathieu, the 20-million young super prospect, will have a great season though. He'll be so good that he will convince Lucho to make him Barca's skipper. In the end of the season Lucho will move him upfront to play alongside Messi and Neymar, in Suarez absence.
O yep, and Claudio Bravo. He will warm the bench nicely, 12 million, when Reina was available for 2.
Anyway.
Nothing wrong with telling the truth. I'm slightly more optimistic for you guys though with a 6

NotInHere

10, we have the greatest attack in the world, our defense is not tbe greatest in the world but its good enough

Mathieu, Bartra, Pique will all step up.

How anyone can rate this team tower than a 6 is beyond me, but its okay, Barca is more then happy to prove the doubters wrong.

Adrian

Anyway.

:lol: Besides the jokes, you have some fair points. Don't worry about your opinion being against the norm by the way. I prefer it if there are more people who would disagree in discussions, so you can properly see both sides.

Home of Barca Fans