Lliga: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

F

Flavia

Disagree. Messi won us the league. His tactics were passing the ball to messi.

Tito was the coach for only 4 months, I think. There were at least 2 games where his subs won away games that were complicated. Then Roura took over. It's not like Tito was clueless, he knew a lot about football.

F

Flavia

I missed rac1 :D

Bravo didn't try to go for the ball when the player was going in his direction, he went backwards at first... He should watch some videos of Valdes.

Blaugrana Man

I have nothing to say about the game. It was against Elche, it's early in the season and everything is pure speculation.

But with the talk about the cat -- there are a lot of cats that call Camp Nou home. It's pretty well documented. This isn't the first time a cat has run out onto the pitch, and not the first black cat to do so. Going further, this isn't the last time a cat, black or not, will run out onto the pitch during a home game. It's part of the personality of the stadium. Stop thinking it has something to do with superstition when there's a very realistic answer right in front of you.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Hi guys. Just got back from the game. What an experience. The atmosphere was incredible especially when that cat was running about. Was Mashs red card deserved? Couldn't see that closely from where we were sat. Not that that stopped the whistling :neymar:

Siberia

Hi guys. Just got back from the game. What an experience. The atmosphere was incredible especially when that cat was running about. Was Mashs red card deserved? Couldn't see that closely from where we were sat. Not that that stopped the whistling :neymar:

Nice! I too went to the camp nou a couple months ago and everybody was like screaming 'shakira shakira' at pique :neymar: But the atmosphere was amazing!

And yeah, it was a pretty well deserved red card. He tried to play it cool and act like he didnt touch him, but it was pretty obvious that he did.

Sasuke85

The goal keeper of Elche was just standing still when Messi scored both of his goals. Messi is a special player. His only weakness, if any, is that sometimes he lacks motivation. If a coach can somehow stimulate Messi so that he always goes all out in all Barca's matches, then the coach will definitely be successful at Nou Camp.

Androutsos

The goal keeper of Elche was just standing still when Messi scored both of his goals. Messi is a special player. His only weakness, if any, is that sometimes he lacks motivation. If a coach can somehow stimulate Messi so that he always goes all out in all Barca's matches, then the coach will definitely be successful at Nou Camp.

Maybe because no one in the stadium could predict when he is going to release the ball, because he is too good at faking it.

Tito was the coach for only 4 months, I think. There were at least 2 games where his subs won away games that were complicated. Then Roura took over. It's not like Tito was clueless, he knew a lot about football.

Seemed pretty clueless to me in that Bayern game. I agree that we were a lot better before Roura took over, but even then there were a lot of games we were barely winning (Depor, Spartak, etc). And even then we were very meh in big games (only one we did well in was the first Super Cup game). The problems were there even when Tito was in charge and healthy, they just got worse after his relapse. And keep in mind that Tito did supposedly have an input even when Roura was in charge.

Tito wasn't much more of a success than Tata in my eyes. A lot of the complaints about Tata can be applied to Tito as well (i.e. we weren't playing tiki-taka under either of them (yes, we always had more possession under Tito, but possession =/= tiki-taka), neither of them really motivated the players, neither selected lineups based on form, etc). Tbh, I don't think they were that different from each other.

When Tito was in charge, I got the feeling we'd never win the CL under him. Especially after the Bayern games.

Last edited:

BarcaGirl

Glad to see that we won our 1st game pretty comfortably. Happy for Lucho!
Need to find some highlights from the game.

Home of Barca Fans