Lliga: FC Barcelona - Elche 3-0

Seriously, if Bartra will never start because he doesn't have the "experience" that Mascherano has he never will, and should leave. I don't see why it's so hard to trust Bartra against a team as low on the totem pole as Elche when Munir and Rafinha, who are both making their debuts, are trusted enough to play up front.

Doesn't matter how bad they are, there's no reason not to select the best available lineup. It's the first game and the next one is in a week. I'm not sure if it really is the best available lineup, but Enrique certainly thinks it is. Munir and Rafinha are playing up front because Neymar and Suarez are unavailable.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I don't know what you're talking about. Ferguson, Moyes, and LVG all rely pretty heavily on Tom Clevery and everyone and their nan knows he's shit.

I don't care about man utd, but I don't think they have many players to choose from. Other than that, Bartra is not a starter yet, and that's not because the coaches hate him or anything. Lucho is starting Munir, Rafinha. He has faith in the younger players. He could have started a midfield of xavi-busi-rakitic, and moved iniesta to lwf, but he didn't. So it's probably something else about Bartra.

L

linetty

Seriously, if Bartra will never start because he doesn't have the "experience" that Mascherano has he never will, and should leave. I don't see why it's so hard to trust Bartra against a team as low on the totem pole as Elche when Munir and Rafinha, who are both making their debuts, are trusted enough to play up front.
Munir and Rafinha have nothing to do with Bartra, completely different and incomparable. There's much more responsibilty at the back.

And about Elche being so bad... They've caused big problems to all of the top 3 last season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
If you guys had followed Lucho's Celta at all then you'd know for a fact that he's not even slightly averse to giving chances to young defenders. 1 league match lineup for Barca means nothing, quit this pattern of having to rationalize every possible managerial decision with finality and then losing your shit when it isn't exactly what you wanted.

Zangash

Banned
I don't care about man utd, but I don't think they have many players to choose from. Other than that, Bartra is not a starter yet, and that's not because the coaches hate him or anything. Lucho is starting Munir, Rafinha. He has faith in the younger players. He could have started a midfield of xavi-busi-rakitic, and moved iniesta to lwf, but he didn't. So it's probably something else about Bartra.

If he's not good enough to displace Mascherano he should have been sold and immediately replaced by another CB. Instead of chasing pipe dreams in Cuadrado and Reus and Koke we could have gone after another decent CB, which apparently Bartra is not, because Mascherano is appalling when played there. Has one good performance for every five that see him making at least two massive mistakes.

I

instinct

I hope the crowd will make some noise today. Camp Nou desperately needs a more intense atmosphere

If you guys had followed Lucho's Celta at all then you'd know for a fact that he's not even slightly averse to giving chances to young defenders. 1 league match lineup for Barca means nothing, quit this pattern of having to rationalize every possible managerial decision with finality and then losing your shit when it isn't exactly what you wanted.

I didn't follow his Celta team, but it seems to me (mainly because of our CB signings) that he values experience at the back. He certainly isn't averse to giving chances to young forwards and midfielders though.

L

linetty

If he's not good enough to displace Mascherano he should have been sold and immediately replaced by another CB. Instead of chasing pipe dreams in Cuadrado and Reus and Koke we could have gone after another decent CB, which apparently Bartra is not, because Mascherano is appalling when played there. Has one good performance for every five that see him making at least two massive mistakes.
Who says he's not good enough to displace Mascherano? Talk about overreaction.

He's got another gazillion games this season to feature in.

Home of Barca Fans