Deulofeu loaned to Sevilla

F

Flavia

Agreement in principle with Sevilla FC for loan of Gerard Deulofeu

www.fcbarcelona.cat
08/14/2014 21:19

The two clubs have agreed to his loan for one season

2014-08-02_NIZA-BARCELONA_21.v1407016070.JPG

FC Barcelona and Sevilla FC have reached an agreement in principle for the loan of Gerard Deulofeu to the Andalusian club for the 2014-15 season, an operation designed to ensure that he gets to play as many games as possible and therefore develop as a footballer.

Catalan Fan

This really annoys me....

I'd of much rather they'd not signed the over priced liability Suarez and given GD a chance in the squad this season.

Losing faith in the club.

JamDav1982

This really annoys me....

I'd of much rather they'd not signed the over priced liability Suarez and given GD a chance in the squad this season.

Losing faith in the club.

The squad would have been immensely weaker if they kept Deulofeu in place of getting Suarez.

Suarez was arguably the best player in the world last season and certainly the best CF. Him signing has nothing to do with losing Deulofeu on loan.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The squad would have been immensely weaker if they kept Deulofeu in place of getting Suarez.

Suarez was arguably the best player in the world last season and certainly the best CF. Him signing has nothing to do with losing Deulofeu on loan.

+1

Agreed. Loaning out Deulofeu has to do with him getting enough game time at Sevilla so that he can return next summer as a member of the squad who can put forth a meaningful contribution. Quite frankly, Roberto Martinez didn't give Deulo enough minutes which is why he returned with the same flaws he had at Barca B. And I know some of you guys will say, "Well then, why didn't they loan out Pedro/Roberto instead?" However, think of it this way. Pedro is far more experienced than Deulo and he has the combination play that Deulo seems to lack. As for Roberto, well, the club can afford to let Roberto waste away on the bench. It's clear that they don't want to do that to Deulofeu or, for that matter, Denis Suarez. Deulofeu's loan is the best possible option, both for the club and for Gerard himself.

Catalan Fan

I know how good Suarez is, just very disappointed we signed him.

It's a question of ethics/morality, rather than how he performs.Am not trying to be quarrelsome, he's just not a Barca player for me.

GD needs time at Barca now, not more loans.Next Bojan ending up at fuckin Stoke ?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
GD didn't get any meaningful game time under Roberto Martinez. Starting week in, week out at Sevilla against top flight opposition and EL caliber opponents would do him wonders.

zealot

To me this could be the sign the club does not believe in him anymore. In fact I never believe in loaning out to develop a youngster. A loan deal is more like to give playing time to him, so that his price will be higher when he is finally sold, if he plays well during the period of course. Never a believer in loan deals.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
To me this could be the sign the club does not believe in him anymore. In fact I never believe in loaning out to develop a youngster. A loan deal is more like to give playing time to him, so that his price will be higher when he is finally sold, if he plays well during the period of course. Never a believer in loan deals.

I don't agree. I think this signifies that they don't think a talent of his caliber should be wasted on our bench with minimal minutes. He'll play regularly at Sevilla, unlike here.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't really get some of the comments around here. It's not like he has been absolute trash in this pre-season. He has done decently. He got a thing or two to learn and hopefully he'll do that at Sevilla and come back again strongly.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't really get some of the comments around here. It's not like he has been absolute trash in this pre-season. He has done decently. He got a thing or two to learn and hopefully he'll do that at Sevilla and come back again strongly.

Indeed. It seems people don't realize that, unlike Deulofeu, the likes of Munir, Adama, Sandro, Halilovic, etc. can still play for the B team when they're not needed by the first team.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Barca is short of options upfront. Now that Deulo is gone again we need to sign at least one more forward.

Zangash

Banned

Yes. That is exactly why we loaned out Rafinha, and you're right, him playing well did indeed increase how much we were able to sell him for. There's no reason to think Deulofeu isn't the same.

zealot

I don't agree. I think this signifies that they don't think a talent of his caliber should be wasted on our bench with minimal minutes. He'll play regularly at Sevilla, unlike here.

You are partially right. You are right that a talent like him shouldn't be wasted on the bench. He needs to be played so that he can develop, both his skills and profile. What I meant with profile is by him playing well, we may get bigger offers from other clubs. I don't think the club is going 100% to develop him as a footballer anymore. From now on, its all about building his profile to fish bigger offers ftom other clubs. Simply, his future is not here, at least not in the mind of the current club's management.

Bold prediction I know, considering that Rafinha is just back from loan. Deulo case is different. 2 different clubs in 2 successive seasons? Thats not good.

Home of Barca Fans