Was the Suarez deal really needed, in hindsight?

Was it needed?

• Total voters
L

linetty

Manduzkic for 20-25 and save yourself 60, which is more than enough to buy Godin, Benatia, Hummels or another good CB and a RB as well like Danilo, De Sciglio, Piszczek... If not Manduzkic, Jonathan Soriano.

NO
Big NO to this comment. Mandzukic is not a Barca type striker and comparing him to Luisito Suarez is an insult to the latter...

We have the money to get one of the players you mentionted even with Luisito's arrival btw. Money ain't the problem...

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I seriously wonder whether the recent "No" comments are based on his cameo yesterday. If they are, shame on you guys for being so petty.

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
Big NO to this comment. Mandzukic is not a Barca type striker and comparing him to Luisito Suarez is an insult to the latter...

We have the money to get one of the players you mentionted even with Luisito's arrival btw. Money ain't the problem...

Wait, where am I suggesting Mandzukic is of the level of Luis Suarez? I just don't believe spending 81M on Luis Suarez is much better than other options. It gives the board an excuse to save on a world class CB and a very good RB (either prospect or proven). And Mandzukic not a 'Barca type' player is precisely what got us so predictable. Playing with the same style players over and over. Stoichkov may not have been a Barcelona type striker, neither may Kluivert have been. But they turned out great because they were different to the players we had.

I am glad we got a player like Suarez, don't get me wrong. But the question here is: was THIS deal absolutely needed? To that, I say no simply because I think better business could have been done.

L

linetty

Mandzukic is not that good at all, no clubs were knocking at the door for him (at one point he was really close to Wolfsburg) and Atletico picking him up was not expected/came as a suprise.

Not sure if that deal was ABSOLUTELY needed but he was the best option. Best striker in the world, scores from every position around the box, great vision and speed, good in tight spaces - perfect player for Barca. Mandzukic is just a poacher.

JamDav1982

Wait, where am I suggesting Mandzukic is of the level of Luis Suarez? I just don't believe spending 81M on Luis Suarez is much better than other options. It gives the board an excuse to save on a world class CB and a very good RB (either prospect or proven). And Mandzukic not a 'Barca type' player is precisely what got us so predictable. Playing with the same style players over and over. Stoichkov may not have been a Barcelona type striker, neither may Kluivert have been. But they turned out great because they were different to the players we had.

I am glad we got a player like Suarez, don't get me wrong. But the question here is: was THIS deal absolutely needed? To that, I say no simply because I think better business could have been done.

Suarez was the best CF in the world last season, possibly even the best player. He brings amazing work rate, movement goals and assists and is a brilliant signing who was needed.

Mandzukic is not good enough for Barca, simple as that.

Personally would much rather the signings they have made than Mandzukic and any CB.

Alarcón

In hindsight? The season hasn't even started and Suárez barely played 10 minutes so far. "In hindsight" would end of the season.

Home of Barca Fans