Luis Suarez ban upheld, but cleared to train.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Or, at least, for the latter stages of the Copa America.

I'm seeing contradictory reports. Some say he can play friendlies with uruguay, others that he can't. Quite a mess. That's what happens when there aren't clear rules for those sort of things... all open to interpretation.

I guess we'll just have to wait for FIFA's official statement. Suarez' reps should actually argue that Intl Friendlies are official matches and that he should not be allowed to play them, because that way Uruguay can always arrange a couple of more friendlies and play younger players so that Suarez is available for the Copa America from the group stage.

MagIX

Am pleased his ban wasn't reduced, seriously dislike him and wish we'd never signed him.Awful individual and doesn't deserve to play for Barca.

:thumbsup2:

He has serious mental problems and more. Regrettably his bad image and reputation soils our club, I don’t give a fuck if he is a good player (certainly not a phenomenon, as he should be if we pay 81mio)
He absolutely doesn’t deserve to wear our shirt.
End of story.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah..... Well, He's at the club now so I don't know about you guys, but I will definitely hope he fires it up and does very well for.... FC Barcelona.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

He has serious mental problems and more. Regrettably his bad image and reputation soils our club, I don’t give a fuck if he is a good player (certainly not a phenomenon, as he should be if we pay 81mio)
End of story.

you saying arguably the best striker on the planet is not a phenomenon? Seriously? Plus we got him for 80m not 81m

F

Flavia

End of story.
He is not the first player with a bad reputation to play for Barça.

I

instinct

CAS has confirmed the last day of Luis Suarez' ban is 24 October, which means he would be available for clasico on 25 or 26 October. [ara]

Gooch

I don't personally know Suarez. I can't judge him. But his actions - the biting - was wrong and needed to be punished. It's subjective, but I think it's fair punishment. Besides, the rest from competitive matches will do him good - should be regenerative.

Catalan Fan

He actually seems to be a nice person. He has mental problems, but he's not awful.

Flav, he may well be a nice guy off the pitch but that kind of misses the point.

He's bitten THREE players, he's been found guilty of racism, he's also a serial cheat, diver and looks to get opposition players get sent off when ever he can.

He was in total denial over the WC/Chiellini incident for several days, saying he "stumbled" into him, total joke.He was in total denial over the Ivanovic biting incident and also denied he racially abused Evra. Until he can sort out his problems he will continue to be a liability and I suspect he will bring disgrace/dishonour to Barca during his stay there.

Obviously agree he has some mental problems, but why pay £75 mill for a player who not only denies his wrong doing, but shows no sign of remorse or even admits he has problems ?

XaviMessiGirl

He actually seems to be a nice person. He has mental problems, but he's not awful.

Everyone at Liverpool seemed to like him off the pitch, it's only on the pitch (and subsequent denial of what he does on the pitch) that he exhibits poor qualities.

F

Flavia

Flav, he may well be a nice guy off the pitch but that kind of misses the point.

He's bitten THREE players, he's been found guilty of racism, he's also a serial cheat, diver and looks to get opposition players get sent off when ever he can.

He was in total denial over the WC/Chiellini incident for several days, saying he "stumbled" into him, total joke.He was in total denial over the Ivanovic biting incident and also denied he racially abused Evra. Until he can sort out his problems he will continue to be a liability and I suspect he will bring disgrace/dishonour to Barca during his stay there.

Obviously agree he has some mental problems, but why pay £75 mill for a player who not only denies his wrong doing, but shows no sign of remorse or even admits he has problems ?
I think he was ill advised after the biting. I have no idea why the uruguayan nt acted like they did, players included, because he was no victim. His face right after the game vs italy showed he knew he had screwed up big time. He is a big boy, he knows very well what he did was wrong, and I expect Lucho to make him have sessions with the team psychologist. His last season with liverpool was incident free, and he had counseling, so I hope it will be the same for us. Not much to do, he is our player now, and we have to hope for the best.

Verminator

I think Suarez brings color to football, but of course he should need mental help. His punishment was ridiculous, I get that they wanted to ban him for a while but don't letting him train or even allow to enter a stadium is just way too exaggerated! Lucky that bit of the punishment is undone. I hope Enrique sets enough friendly games so Suarez can work on his match rhythm & condition. What would it be wonderful if Suarez could start against Real and score the winning goal :p

zehbsc

He'll come back very hungry (hopefuly not starving), the same way he did for Liverpool last season after his 5 games ban he scored 18 goals in 12 games.

C

cbfpaulinho4

he is a biter and has been through counseling already, its hasnt helped. This signing was a big risk as his strikes are wearing thin with fifa. Its not the last time he will bite either because he doesnt see anything wrong with whats he doing.

Adrian

he is a biter and has been through counseling already, its hasnt helped. This signing was a big risk as his strikes are wearing thin with fifa. Its not the last time he will bite either because he doesnt see anything wrong with whats he doing.

He said that nothing like this will happen again.

Home of Barca Fans