The new 4 captains are defined

F

Flavia

Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Busquets named captains

www.fcbarcelona.com
08/07/2014 21:07

The result has been announced of a vote to nominate the four captains for the 2014/15 season

pic_2014-08-07_CAPITANES_02.v1407429977.JPG

The result of a vote between all of the members of the first team squad on Tuesday to nominate the four captains for the 2014/15 season was announced on Thursday. Xavi Hernández, Andrés Iniesta, Leo Messi and Sergio Busquets, in that order, are the chosen players.

Messi and Busquets are both newcomers to the role after Carles Puyol and Víctor Valdés, the first and third captains respectively, left the team at the end of last season. However, both worn of them the captain’s armband on isolated occasions in the past, so neither of them are entirely unfamiliar with the responsibility.

Xavi Hernández, meanwhile, has been second captain for the last six seasons, and has now been promoted to the top position as a replacement for Carles Puyol.

Egert

Estonian Culé
Iniesta will wear it most of the time this season I think or Leo. Anyway, Gongratz! Nice to see Busi there. :barca scarf:

Adrian

Well deserved. Would've liked to see Macherano though. None of the players will inspire the team like Puyol did, but Mascherano plays his ass off like Puyol did.

Last edited:

PaulFCB

Banned
Hmm, so we don't really know who will be the actual captain, cause I don't see Xavi being a starter so often that he will have the most games as captain.

D

devil20

Well deserved. Would've liked to see Macherano though. None of the players will inspire the team like Puyol did, but Mascherano plays his ass off like Puyol did.

Bucky

Penya Member
Definitely deserving and can't think of anyone better in the squad right now :barca scarf:

Yeah I hope so too pacp, be great to lift some trophies for Xavi, really hoping this is our season to take it all, plus the shirt is too good this season not too :p

Home of Barca Fans