Yaya Toure

zanela

14M for a player of Yayas ability is ridiculous. Surely that can't be right. He's way better than Alonso IMO. But as we know he was only prepared to sign a one year extention on his contract. Who knows what will happen.

He was given only a one year extension.

He has always said he'd love to play in England one day.

I've never read/heard him say that.

On the contrary..

After agreeing a new deal with Barcelona that will see him stay until 2012 at least, Yaya Toure has declared that he wants to finish his career with the Catalan side.

Speaking after the news was revealed, Toure said, "To continue here is phenomenal. It is is what I have always wanted... I am happy and proud to play for the club".

"What is important is to play for a great club and Barca are the club I want to play for. I want to wear the shirt," the official Barcelona website also report him as saying.

"I want to finish my career here, but I have to continue showing that I am up to the right level."

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
"All I would say about it is that I have always said I like English football. "You never know what might happen in a few years' time, but for now I'm part of a great team."

is hardly "he wants to play in England one day" imo.

desoe

I don't understand why it should look so strange Yaya saying that he could want to play in EPL one day.

No matter how much most of the FCB fans adore him (like me, too), he's not from the same bread as Xavi, Puyol, Andres and the other La Masia products, so I'm not sure that he actually feels like "I'm desperated to finish my career in this club". And nobody should expect that from him, we should expect this from some players, but not all of them.

EPL looks like a fascinating place for every player and if I was one, I would also think about the possibility for making the switch. It means a whole new experience and everyone is looking for it. The more important thing is not if, but when. He wants to play in England? OK, no problem. But first, we should keep him while he's in his prime and if he still wants to do it, when he hits 30 or something - pave the way for Busquets.

If it depends on me, I would like to keep him forever and see him be our Makelele for many years ahead, but I realize that he's probably one of these players, who are destined to leave one day. It's always like that in Barca - the La Masia guys are always staying and the other guys are always leaving.

Last edited:

[FCB]Messi[10

I don't understand why it should look so strange Yaya saying that he could want to play in EPL one day.

No matter how much most of the FCB fans adore him (like me, too), he's not from the same bread as Xavi, Puyol, Andres and the other La Masia products, so I'm not sure that he actually feels like "I'm desperated to finish my career in this club". And nobody should expect that from him, we should expect this from some players, but not all of them.

EPL looks like a fascinating place for every player and if I was one, I would also think about the possibility for making the switch. It means a whole new experience and everyone is looking for it. The more important thing is not if, but when. He wants to play in England? OK, no problem. But first, we should keep him while he's in his prime and if he still wants to do it, when he hits 30 or something - pave the way for Busquets.

If it depends on me, I would like to keep him forever and see him be our Makelele for many years ahead, but I realize that he's probably one of these players, who are destined to leave one day. It's always like that in Barca - the La Masia guys are always staying and the other guys are always leaving.

You are right on everything you said. I don't think that Yaya would want to stay his whole career at Barca like Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, V.V, Messi. I personally think the EPL would suit him really good since he is big and strong, he can just overpower most of the players and is a great player as well. I would want him to stay at Barca his whole career, but La Masia got a lot of good players coming up like Gai, Dos Santos, Alcantara, Muniesa etc. Barca should keep him right now that he is playing really well in the Midfield since he is helping the defence a lot as well, but once Barca see him losing his touch (which I think is in a long time) then they should sell him to the EPL, but for now keep him.

mobster_1930

He was rock solid this night. I really think that Pep should seriously consider of playing Yaya as CB, he is great in the air, great positioning and can bring ball to midfield while creating extra space unlike Chygrynsky who returns every single ball to goalkeeper.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Man, Yaya's agent is one big cock-sucker!! Why the fuck does he always whine in public I don't understand!?!? Yaya is being played for all the big matches, though he's being rotated he's played like 300 minutes more than Busi & still that bugger says Yaya is not valued!?
At least he said if at all he leaves, he'll definitely not be joining Manchester City because many Big clubs are waiting in the queue for him... Take that Duck ;)

B

blueduck

I'm sure his big brother Kolo will have a few words to change his mind. :D

Lemmi

The Reckoner
If Yaya left I think I would be close to suicide. I think he may be one of the most underrated players in the world. Many rate him but in my opinion he is the best DM in the world but also so much more.

Of the games I have actually seen him:

Inter Milan 2007- imperious performance and did this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHlV8CYxvqE also made Fat Adriano look weak with a hulk like shoulder barge defending himself.

Boca 2008- awesome, best player on the pitch by a mile.

Spurs 2009- decided to skip past everyone in the first half and set up Bojan's goal. Charged with phenomenal ability, strength and speed.

Man City 2009- bossed Garry Barry like a child. Awesome performance on and off the ball.

Bilbao 2009- easy game defensively but went on one run down the right and inside which was so powerful and menacing the whole Camp Nou was on their feet.

Yaya I love you. Never leave me.

ryuken

Definitely got to play Yaya more, with Henry back we will see more of our old time trio - Keita, Busquet.

Home of Barca Fans