Yaya Toure

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Why didn't they sell him

He's in the last year of his contract, on huge wages and there was a quote on foreign players registered in CL for Premiership clubs.

And apparently he's played the race card, him & Seluk really have lost their marbles

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Eh......I doubt Arsenal(of all teams) and Man Utd really were interested in signing him.

He's past his best. As for his agent talking about respect then it was his client who made a mockery out of himself just for a birthday cake.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yaya is a liability anyway.

Not good enough anymore and with a pathetic work rate as well

Messi983

No doubt Pep didn't like what Yaya and Seluk said about him but I think he also gave up on Yaya because he as a footballer is just not anymore what he once was. He won't be in City next season (he could maybe leave already in January if they'll find someone willing to take on his astronomical wages; maybe a loan until end of the season with City covering big part of his salary like they did with Hart and Nasri; or if he's willing to go to China/MLS but I think he'll probably want to stay in Europe for a season or two before going there) so it's understandable that Pep prefers to give minutes to younger players who are in his futures plans.

Hatem Ben Arfa

Yaya certainly isn't finished as a footballer. last season and a half he's been fat and lazy walking slower than Messi. Since Guardiola came in he's lost like 8 kilos so I expect he will now be back close to something like he was when in the running for Premier League player of the year. But as I say, I think Guardiola is a vindictive person and now Yaya has apologized, instead of rotting in the reserves he will now be rotting on the bench because Guardiola is not going to let Yaya's 2011 comments about him go.

snowy

First thing Yaya Baba should do is corner kick Seluk out of orbit. That crazy fool is a bomb waiting to explode at any moment. What manager in his right mind would hire the delusional duo

hcbzjom
all patched up and ready to blow

El Flaco

Yaya Toure's statement on his situation at City

“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past.

“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there. I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

“I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club’s history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

“On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family.”

http://www.officialyayatoure.com/manchester-city/statement/

Dimitri Seluk (Yaya Touré's agent): "I'm not apologising. We want peace, but I'm not apologising. Apologise for what? Maybe Touré has apologised for this, but I don't know for what."

Home of Barca Fans