Yaya Toure

Le catalan

Losing Toure would be a catastrophe, especially if we dont even end up getting Cesc. The only reason I'd see him leaving is if Pep ensures him that he still prefers Sergi and Yaya wont see much more play time next season than he did this season. He isn't happy sitting the bench. The reason why, however, he prefers Sergi to Toure is still an absolute enigma to me. Lose Yaya to bring in Mascherano or Cambiasso? You've got to be kidding me.

I'm totally agree with you.I hope that Cules remember the last season in CL,in particular the semi final against chelsea when yahya played as a defender.:flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8::flagvl8:

It will be a sorry day when Yaya departs from Barca, but given the circumstances it appears to be inevitable. We've been linked with Mascherano & it appears that we were very keen on him even last year. I don't think he complements us as much as Yaya does, but I would venture to say that he is a more accomplished player from a defensive viewpoint which is what we are looking for a DM especially given our style of play. I'm afraid that we won't have anyone who can head the ball in our midfield except perhaps for Keita. But if Toure has to leave then Mascherano would be our best bet for his replacement.

Last edited:

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
I'd rather see Essien replacing Touré, but that seems impossible. I don't like Mascherano: he's too aggressive in his tackling, so he'd collect many cards in La Liga. I we'd need a midfielder like him, I'd rather have Nigel de Jong, 'cause he's a better passer, but he's too much of a card collector too. They are Premiership tacklers, not La liga tacklers.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Ibrahimovic has 6 yellows and a red (which wasn't a red), Eto'o had 9 yellows last season. Did anyone ever complain about Eto'o's cards? No, but they weren't so obvious as Zlatan his cards. Perception. Just as you say that Mascherano collects them as a hobby, while he has a quite moderate record of cards in the EPL. But he looks like a nutcase, so you will pick on him.

Not to mention the reason why you pick on him. Cause of those cards? Of course not. But because he might replace your beloved Yaya, so everything negative has to be brought up about those players. This has been going on for quite some time now, Busquets, Mascherano, ... whoever comes to replace Yaya will always be the subject of some crap in here for that reason only. It happened with Zlatan this season, cause he replaced Eto'o and because the club broke the bank for him. That was enough reason for some to TORCH THE MOTHERFUCKER! I WANT MY FAVOURITE BACK!

And then finally the logic:
Is Mascherano more aggresive than Yaya? Definitely. That's the bitching reason Pep wants someone like him at Barcelona. So we actually have a player at that position that goes for it every game, like Busquets does. So we have a player that injects energy and adrenaline into the squad (same role for Alves, he pumps up everyone just by his energy and nutcaseness) ... Pep would welcome those yellow cards. And so would I. I rather have someone picking up some cards than costing us three goals on a season.

Yaya is a favourite of mine but I can't be bothered to see him in Blaugrana next season. 09/10 was very disappointing for me, on as well off the pitch, and it doesn't seem to get better. Nor will his agent leave the team alone. And I choose the team over my favourites. So Yaya can leave and Mascherano can come for me.

Last edited:

yusuf

Yusuf Islam
we dont need another midget thought, if yaya does leave lets replace him with somebody who can head the ball :(

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
Ibrahimovic has 6 yellows and a red (which wasn't a red), Eto'o had 9 yellows last season. Did anyone ever complain about Eto'o's cards? No, but they weren't so obvious as Zlatan his cards. Perception. Just as you say that Mascherano collects them as a hobby, while he has a quite moderate record of cards in the EPL. But he looks like a nutcase, so you will pick on him.

Not to mention the reason why you pick on him. Cause of those cards? Of course not. But because he might replace your beloved Yaya, so everything negative has to be brought up about those players. This has been going on for quite some time now, Busquets, Mascherano, ... whoever comes to replace Yaya will always be the subject of some crap in here for that reason only. It happened with Zlatan this season, cause he replaced Eto'o and because the club broke the bank for him. That was enough reason for some to TORCH THE MOTHERFUCKER! I WANT MY FAVOURITE BACK!

Is Mascherano more aggresive than Yaya? Definitely. That's the bitching reason Pep wants someone like him at Barcelona. So we actually have a player at that position that goes for it every game, like Busquets does. So we have a player that injects energy and adrenaline into the squad (same role for Alves, he pumps up everyone just by his energy and nutcaseness) ... Pep would welcome those yellow cards. And so would I. I rather have someone picking up some cards than costing us three goals on a season.

Yaya is a favourite of mine but I can't be bothered to see him in Blaugrana next season. 09/10 was very disappointing for me, on as well off the pitch, and it doesn't seem to get better. Nor will his agent leave the team alone. And I choose the team over my favourites. So Yaya can leave and Mascherano can come for me.

:wub:

zanela

Just as you say that Mascherano collects them as a hobby, while he has a quite moderate record of cards in the EPL. But he looks like a nutcase, so you will pick on him.

Refereeing in the EPL is much lenient. The perception of a foul is diff here than it is in the EPL. So accumulation of cards would be a valid concern for the Argie.

Is Mascherano more aggresive than Yaya? Definitely. That's the bitching reason Pep wants someone like him at Barcelona. So we actually have a player at that position that goes for it every game, like Busquets does. So we have a player that injects energy and adrenaline into the squad (same role for Alves, he pumps up everyone just by his energy and nutcaseness) ... Pep would welcome those yellow cards. And so would I.

So basically you'd prefer another aggressive DM, only less technical, less skillful and useless in the air. wht diff does he bring from Busi? Will the mere energy and adrenalin tht Masch brings make up the loss from Yaya's departure. The whole idea of having 2 players for each position is having varied options. Yaya brings something diff and that has proven to be extremely useful on a lot of occasions. His versatility, distribution and strength on the ball, winning aerial battles(both open play+set pieces), physical presence in our midfield have proven to be invaluable. Its not aggression that makes a great DM, its intelligent positioning & reading of the game...and we already 've tht in Bus and he is our first choice DM. So how does bringing another highly priced, first choice who can't play the lone DM role be any useful to us?...Or busi all of a sudden be benched or Iniesta be moved to the wings to accomodate the Argie?..and if whether he'll be happy being rotated with Bus cause he is first choice at Liverpool.

I rather have someone picking up some cards than costing us three goals on a season.

I don't remember Yaya costing us 3 goals this season or his prev seasons..

Yaya is a favourite of mine but I can't be bothered to see him in Blaugrana next season. 08/09 was very disappointing for me, on as well off the pitch, and it doesn't seem to get better. Nor will his agent leave the team alone. And I choose the team over my favourites. So Yaya can leave and Mascherano can come for me.

08/09 was disappointing for others as well. And players will 've few subpar seasons in their careers but tht shouldn't alone be the cause for disposing off someone. Tom it 'll be Bus..then wht? The agent thing is getting annoying and personally want him to be move on for his own and club's sake. I'm certainly not advocating his stay but masch isn't his ideal replacement. Wht we need is a back-up who gives us a diff option and i think we 've tht in Oriol.

Home of Barca Fans