Pre-Season Thread

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I agree... doesn't mean I can't laugh at them though.
ml4mis.jpg

Oh, Laugh all you want! We all laugh at them. :lol:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I really can't understand why Milan have fallen so far. Can somebody explain?

Last edited:

Xanian

I really can't understand why Milan have fallen so far. Can somebody explain?

Berlusconi owns Milan. As long as Milan was successful, he was happy. But as soon as the financial crisis hit his business, Milan were among the first under the holding company umbrella to suffer. And Galliani's authority was slowly undermined by his daughter. These politics, coupled with shitty coach selections and useless transfer deals completed Milan's fall. There you go.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Berlusconi owns Milan. As long as Milan was successful, he was happy. But as soon as the financial crisis hit his business, Milan were among the first under the holding company umbrella to suffer. And Galliani's authority was slowly undermined by his daughter. These politics, coupled with shitty coach selections and useless transfer deals completed Milan's fall. There you go.

I see. It's a bit sad really.

Xanian

Really sad. I like Milan a lot. But looks like they will need a long time to come back to their former glory, if they ever do.

XaviMessiGirl

One person I do feel bad for is Inzaghi. Thrown into the deep end and I fear his relationship with the club will be ruined if he can't deliver (which really wouldn't be his fault). But as long as upper management is running the club the way they are, it really doesn't matter who their coach is. And there are still too many unmotivated players.

Xanian

One person I do feel bad for is Inzaghi. Thrown into the deep end and I fear his relationship with the club will be ruined if he can't deliver (which really wouldn't be his fault). But as long as upper management is running the club the way they are, it really doesn't matter who their coach is. And there are still too many unmotivated players.

I don't understand why they insist on trying out inexperienced managers. I get that they are club legends and all that, but first set the club in order under a decent manager; and then think about giving legends a chance. Cart before the horse.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't understand why they insist on trying out inexperienced managers. I get that they are club legends and all that, but first set the club in order under a decent manager; and then think about giving legends a chance. Cart before the horse.

Yup, sometimes they work out, like Pep or Conte. But most of the time you need experience to pull a club out of a bad state. Like I said though, at this point it doesn't matter who their coach is. It's the Berlusconi family and Galliani that are more toxic to the club than any coach or player. They're the ones breeding failure.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
I feel sorry for Milan. They won't get back to the top as long as Berlusconi and Galliani pull the strings.

Xanian

I feel sorry for Milan. They won't get back to the top as long as Berlusconi and Galliani pull the strings.

Maybe he will get fed up of the club and sell it to someone else. But no one is ready to invest in the Serie A right now.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
Maybe he will get fed up of the club and sell it to someone else. But no one is ready to invest in the Serie A right now.

I'm kind of hoping someone like Nasser Al-Khelaifi will buy the club at some point in the future.

XaviMessiGirl

Individual clubs aside, I don't want sugar daddies in Serie A. It might make that particular club more competitive in Europe, but it will make the chase for the league title less competitive because the financial gap will be too big.

Xanian

Individual clubs aside, I don't want sugar daddies in Serie A. It might make that particular club more competitive in Europe, but it will make the chase for the league title less competitive because the financial gap will be too big.

The gap is too big now as it is. Juventus has romped home thrice now. Nothing short of sugar daddies may make Serie A competitive again.

Home of Barca Fans