La Liga 14/15

Who will win La Lliga this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
If we win the clasico i don't mind real scoring a lot more goals. They can have all the records i just want trophies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Clasico will be fun to watch. Totally unpredictable. Real Madrid might be the team that finally breaks barca defense. They are best offensively, so it will be hard to keep a clean sheet. Not many days left for the clasico. Can't wait for it.

blaugrana1987

Atletico looked dreadful but my God what where they thinking in bringing their defense on 40m from goal? Suicide mission right there. And yea, we are STILL 1st. We STILL play next game at home (they are away) soo...For all their flashing play and Ronaldos hat tricks, they are still quite alot from us.

CuleLife4Life

Relax its only the beginning of October. Us being first now won't be of any help for us in April if we end up losing points.

I think Atletico won't be as strong in the Liga this year but I can see them going deep in UCL.

Valencia seem really strong but I don't expect them to beat us or RM. I think they can take Atletico for 3rd.

La Liga will probably come down between us and RM. We tend to drift off towards the 2nd half so I'm hoping Lucho motivates the players enough but with the clean sheets we've had, I think we're in the right space.

footyfan

Calma, calma
(Anyone more familiar with La Liga, please confirm this)

I think I learnt something interesting about how La Liga schedules matches. I realized today that RM had the same order of teams played as Barca did in the beginning of the season (Elche, Villarreal, Athletic) so I looked up the rest of their fixtures and compared to Barca. Turns out RM are 4 games behind Barca in most of the cases. Then I looked up a bunch of the other teams and they were all 'x' amount of games ahead/behind Barca in terms of scheduling, i.e they face the other teams in the same order but with different starting positions.

I think the best way to visualize this is by thinking of all teams in La Liga arranged in a circle, like this (obv this is from 2012/13):

Messi+has+scored+against+all+Liga+teams+(19)+in+a+row.jpg

Each team starts at a different position on the 'clock' and they face each of the other teams in the clockwise direction. So for example, if Barca starts the season at 3 o'clock, RM starts the season at 12 and Atletico starts at 9. And they face all the teams in order. The only exception occurs when mid-week games are involved. It seems, sometimes an entire gameweek is brought forward/sent back to mid-week for reasons such as international break etc.

barca7788

Nepali Cule
it has always been like that. once it was just a game diff. 09/10 maybe when teams had to play RM after us IIRC.

Neymessi

What really matters is Barça are the leaders(and yet to concede a goal), and rm fourth. This seems to go unnoticed lately.

Barca have been better but what should also be taken into account is that RM dropped points

1.vs sociedad away
2.vs athletico

We have not won in anoeta for a long time now and losing to athletico isn't a big deal either.We have not faced either teams yet.Won't get too optimistic about the league just right now when RM and ronaldo are scoring for fun and playing at their best.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Wasn't sure where to post this:

Speaking on 'Al Primer Toque', Javier Tebas spoke about the repercussions of the hypothetical case whereby Catalonia becomes an independent state: "Barcelona and Espanyol would not play in the Spanish league if Catalonia split from Spain".

"They wouldn't do so for the following reasons: the current legislation on sport dictates that there is only one non-Spanish state that may play in la Liga or in official Spanish competitions and that is Andorra. To change this, changes would have to be made in parliament and we would have to see if the affected party were in agreement or not", he explained.

Bucky

Penya Member
Haha pacp_96, I was just coming to read up on this very reason to see if anyone had posted about it and if not to post it myself...

Any word or buzz around Catalonia? Do you think they're going to vote 'Yes' in favour of independence? Will we be f'd out of La Liga or do you think they will try and change the law so we can still play? If there is independence but no law change to who can play in La Liga, will we be kicked out for the remainder of this season or will it continue? =O

Kerrybai

Haha pacp_96, I was just coming to read up on this very reason to see if anyone had posted about it and if not to post it myself...

Any word or buzz around Catalonia? Do you think they're going to vote 'Yes' in favour of independence? Will we be f'd out of La Liga or do you think they will try and change the law so we can still play? If there is independence but no law change to who can play in La Liga, will we be kicked out for the remainder of this season or will it continue? =O

Spain won't recognise the vote so nothing will happen.

Bucky

Penya Member
Spain won't recognise the vote so nothing will happen.

? =S

Check out this article from Goal

Or for the direct quote:

There will be a referendum on Catalonian independence on November 9 and the Spanish FA president believes
Barca and Espanyol will be ousted from the league if it passes

Barcelona and Espanyol will be ineligible to play in La Liga if Catalonia becomes an independent country, Spanish FA president Javier Tebas has said.

A referendum will be held on November 9, with potentially destructive consequences for the 22-time Spanish champions and neighbours Espanyol.

"Barcelona and Espanyol would not play in the Spanish League if Catalonia becomes independent for the following reason: the Sports Act has an additional provision that only one non-Spanish state can play in La Liga or official Spanish competitions, and that is Andorra," Tebas told Spanish radio station Onda Cero.

Tebas conceded if Catalonia did become independent, changes to the law secluding Barcelona and Espanyol from the league could be put on the agenda.

"For that to take place there would need to be a change in parliament and we'd need to see if the affected industry would agree or not," Tebas said.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

I read somewhere, a while ago, that Barça can't be excluded from la liga, because when the club was created, it was registered with rfef. Swansea is not english and plays in the PL. They'd find a way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans