Barça signs Jérémy Mathieu

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I suggest you check out the negotiation skills of juventus with morata. Zubi is doing a good job so far. And tbh I'm starting to believe more and more that zubi wasnt the one f*cking up but other people on the board.

Yes, rosell never gave Zubi money or authority for signings. Zubi wanted Hummels and Lucho Enrique after Tito resigned, but Rosell overrides his requests.

maulingvice

Perhaps a factor in going for a 31-year-old is to have a short-term solution that gives Bartra some more incentive to perform and break into the first team?

Icarium

Lifestealer
Perhaps a factor in going for a 31-year-old is to have a short-term solution that gives Bartra some more incentive to perform and break into the first team?

He is 30. But yeah this signing means bartra has more chances of breaking into starting lineup. If we sign some world class CB (which we won't obviously) then bartra will never see the starter role and will always be considered a backup as pique can't be benched (after all he is world's best CB in our boards eyes)

maulingvice

after all [Pique] is world's best CB in our boards eyes

He's not a bad CB in my opinion, but he's not disciplined on the pitch, and needs someone screaming at him to stay back and hold the line when necessary. Puyol used to do that, Bartra obviously can't, because Pique is several years his senior. I wonder if Mathieu will be able to?

Icarium

Lifestealer
He's not a bad CB in my opinion, but he's not disciplined on the pitch, and needs someone screaming at him to stay back and hold the line when necessary. Puyol used to do that, Bartra obviously can't, because Pique is several years his senior. I wonder if Mathieu will be able to?

That is the problem. He might still be a world class player but loses his concentration a lot and there is no one to shout at him now and I doubt Mathieu would do that. I was hoping Mats or bartra to do it but not possible.

mark1nhu

I really don't care if he was expensive.

We had a BIG problem and the problem was reduced/solved.

That's it.

Home of Barca Fans