Daley Blind

Adrian

Daley+Blind+SC+Cambuur+v+Ajax+Amsterdam+Eredivisie+d74Cnl9dYgtl.jpg

Full name: Daley Blind
Date of birth: 9 March 1990 (age 24)
Place of birth: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Height: 1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)
Playing position: Defensive midfielder / Left back (According to Wikipedia although he played CB well in the WC)

Blind was important for Ajax in the 2013/14 season as they won the Eredivisie and the starred for the Netherlands team as they reached the semi-finals. When his agent was asked specifically about the Barca rumours he said, "At the moment there is nothing concrete, but the rumours of today could very well be tomorrow's reality". Blind's contract runs until 2016.

BenRobbins

He would certainly be a good player to have in the squad as he can mix it up a bit and can be quite direct, just for the price being thrown around is abit too much. Didn't eriksen leave ajax for only 13 million? How can they be asking for 22 with blind? Madness

He would certainly be a good player to have in the squad as he can mix it up a bit and can be quite direct, just for the price being thrown around is abit too much. Didn't eriksen leave ajax for only 13 million? How can they be asking for 22 with blind? Madness

We want to buy him as a CB, when he's not a CB.

Howes

Think Eriksen only had a year left on his contract. Big fan of Daley Blind, works hard for the team and can play a fair few positions, realistically Barcelona could lose Song and Adriano and sign this guy.

Shame he carnt play centre back :)

ammarfcb

ze special one

eriksen was towards the end of his contract. and this is barca. u add 30% to any player barca want.

Adrian

Personally, he is not the guy I want in the Barca defence. I believe the need a player who is fairly quick, tall and strong (basically Benatia). So basically, I want a defender who is fantastic physically. Blind is short and slow, not the kind of player I want to see in our squad.

Especially since we have a transfer ban, and we need to make the right purchases now.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Jesus the Blind hate is real :lol:. The guy is a scrub of a CB but overall as a footballer he's very intelligent and capable.

If he were to come to Barcelona, I'd love him as a utility player for the LB/CDM/CM positions. It's quite obvious how versatile and tactically intelligent he is, moving around and performing different roles on the pitch but doing a great supporting job in all of them. I've seen that he often divides opinions but he is a very unique player, not the standard overlapping fullback like Alba. Smart tackler, great at positioning and reading situations defensively, decent in the air for a fullback, physically assertive, and very technically sound. I guess if you wanted to give him a black-and-white label he'd be classified as a defensive fullback since he's not up by the corner flag all the time but he's much more involved buildup-wise and in midfield than Abidal for example.

What'd be interesting is that if he were a LB, he could move inside towards the midfield base to provide support with Busquets and Rakitic when Iniesta roams to the left wing or up to an attacking position. He's mobile and intelligent enough to be very involved in our midfield play and provide the extra man so that we don't look unbalanced. Of course he won't just walk in and bench Alba but he's better than Adriano and will provide solid competition (he's shown enough intelligence to keep on improving and becoming more dominant as he gets older).

I've missed having footballers that are versatile on the pitch and can move about in so many various roles (Xavi picking up balls in front of the defense at one moment and then popping up as a forward the next, Eto'o positioned in between CB's but then drifting toward the right when Messi cut in, Alves owning the entire right flank, etc.). We're rediscovering that now with the likes of Suarez and Rakitic, Blind could be another step in that positive direction. He was raised at our sister club and excelled tactically under two great managers (De Boer and LVG)

Though in reality I expect he'll go to United under LVG and rotate at LB with Shaw and eventually at DM when Carrick phases out.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
If he were to come to Barcelona, I'd love him as a utility player for the LB/CDM/CM positions.

This is the only role I could see us giving him (perhaps we want him as a precaution due to Adriano's condition). He's not worth it at the 22M euro price though.

F

Flavia

Jesus the Blind hate is real :lol:. The guy is a scrub of a CB but overall as a footballer he's very intelligent and capable.

If he were to come to Barcelona, I'd love him as a utility player for the LB/CDM/CM positions. It's quite obvious how versatile and tactically intelligent he is, moving around and performing different roles on the pitch but doing a great supporting job in all of them. I've seen that he often divides opinions but he is a very unique player, not the standard overlapping fullback like Alba. Smart tackler, great at positioning and reading situations defensively, decent in the air for a fullback, physically assertive, and very technically sound. I guess if you wanted to give him a black-and-white label he'd be classified as a defensive fullback since he's not up by the corner flag all the time but he's much more involved buildup-wise and in midfield than Abidal for example.

What'd be interesting is that if he were a LB, he could move inside towards the midfield base to provide support with Busquets and Rakitic when Iniesta roams to the left wing or up to an attacking position. He's mobile and intelligent enough to be very involved in our midfield play and provide the extra man so that we don't look unbalanced. Of course he won't just walk in and bench Alba but he's better than Adriano and will provide solid competition (he's shown enough intelligence to keep on improving and becoming more dominant as he gets older).

I've missed having footballers that are versatile on the pitch and can move about in so many various roles (Xavi picking up balls in front of the defense at one moment and then popping up as a forward the next, Eto'o positioned in between CB's but then drifting toward the right when Messi cut in, Alves owning the entire right flank, etc.). We're rediscovering that now with the likes of Suarez and Rakitic, Blind could be another step in that positive direction. He was raised at our sister club and excelled tactically under two great managers (De Boer and LVG)

Though in reality I expect he'll go to United under LVG and rotate at LB with Shaw and eventually at DM when Carrick phases out.

Problem is, if he comes it'll be to play cb. There's no need for a lb/cdm. But cb's.

Home of Barca Fans