Who should be the 1st captain this season? (If Xavi leaves)

Barca 1st captain this season should be:

• Total voters
F

Flavia

Just saw a poll at sport, and got curious of the choice here.

I'd choose Iniesta, with Masch as vice-captain.

Pepe Silvia

The clear choice would have been Valdes. The rest of the La Masia options are terrible choices for captaincy. Their anonymous personalities bore me to tears and do absolutely nothing to spark up life. It's comical how few real honest to goodness leaders we have for options out of La Masia, they all fit the same uninspiring profile. The only reason I see the options listed as candidates is due to their seniority.

I'd choose Mascherano and leave Catalan politics aside in this case.

Alik

Lucho said that the captain should have natural leadership abilities and not everyone has that.

I would like to see Masch be one if he is part of the starting 11. Provided that he plays well, he'd be an excellent captain imo.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mascherano is the only one in this Barca squad that displays leader qualities. Rakitic also has it but he only got here so he's out of contention.

Masch should definitely be one of the captains. Only real reason to not make him THE captain is because he won't be a guaranteed starter.

Kerrybai

Masch won't be a starter so surely not him. Iniesta will almost certainly get it with Messi vice captain.

Home of Barca Fans