Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

KingLeo10

So, I take it it's honeymoon over back there?

That's what happens when a team with more talent than other teams suddenly ups its motivation for a 6 month period to win a CL...makes the coach look world class and then inevitably it all comes crashing when motivation inevitably dips.

To me, the ultimate test of a manger is resilience and team building. That's why SAF is so revered. Built 3 great teams over 20 years.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
if you have fast players vs them. Yes.

Not just fast players, I think it is more of a matter of tactics employed by the opposing team and Bayern's response. Bigger/elite clubs will not easily score this type of goals against Bayern because even though Bayern tends to play a high line, against bigger/elite teams they will be more conservative and will not push up that high. Against smaller/weaker teams who tend to park the bus and give up possession and play really compact in the back, Bayern tends to push up really high which leaves them exposed often, especially when they don't have enough midfield protection. Essentially something that happens to a lot of elite teams, I think. Of course, the quality of their defenders is not helping either.

Last edited:

FinBarcelonafan

Not just fast players, I think it is more of a matter of tactics employed by the opposing team and Bayern's response. Bigger/elite clubs will not easily score this type of goals against Bayern because even though Bayern tends to play a high line, against bigger/elite teams they will be more conservative and will not push up that high. Against smaller/weaker teams who tend to park the bus and give up possession and play really compact in the back, Bayern tends to push up really high which leaves them exposed often, especially when they don't have enough midfield protection. Essentially something that happens to a lot of elite teams, I think. Of course, the quality of their defenders is not helping either.

They pushed very high vs Barca too, because we had no speed upfront. We got massacred. I think speed is key vs them. At least they have to be a bit more careful pushing up too high.

Morten

That's what happens when a team with more talent than other teams suddenly ups its motivation for a 6 month period to win a CL...makes the coach look world class and then inevitably it all comes crashing when motivation inevitably dips.

To me, the ultimate test of a manger is resilience and team building. That's why SAF is so revered. Built 3 great teams over 20 years.

SAF is clearly in a class of his own in recent decades(if not ever), doubt we will see anything like it again.

Home of Barca Fans