Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
They do show up from time to time. At home we kind of trash teams. Not many teams can beat Klopp's Liverpool 3-0. It is a highly valuable squad, the problem is that they often can't be arsed to put an effort.

We were very lucky with the 3:0 at home against Liverpool as the scoreline did not do justice to what exactly happened during the game. We are just getting worse and worse everyday with Valverde in charge.

As to today’s Der Klassiker, Dortmund was certainly bad (zero shot on goal, little chances created and non-existent pressing) but I think that was more of a reflection of how good Bayern was today. They were hungry from the get go. We are not going to be remotely as good as Bayern today when we play them soon.

El Gato

Villarato!
Anyone read about the new investor at Hertha Berlin?
Lars Windhorst apparently bought a 49.9% maximum stake at the club and funneled 250M into it trying to make it the next European capital football giant. He's supposedly not a football fan as he said in the interview for Der Spiegel and he only invested for business reasons.

Jurgen Klinsmann was recently hired as head coach and they're trying to go after household names out of favour, particularly in the Premier League. Xhaka was rumored to join as soon as in January. Bild also apparently mentioned Gotze and Weigl as the names they'd like to bring in.

khaled_a_d

Lars Windhorst apparently bought a 49.9% maximum stake at the club and funneled 250M into it trying to make it the next European capital football giant. He's supposedly not a football fan as he said in the interview for Der Spiegel and he only invested for business reasons.

Jurgen Klinsmann was recently hired as head coach and they're trying to go after household names out of favour, particularly in the Premier League. Xhaka was rumored to join as soon as in January. Bild also apparently mentioned Gotze and Weigl as the names they'd like to bring in.

I always wondered why no one would invest in the club of the capital. Looked like a smart investment.
i hope they won't go for old farted players though.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I don't know how they will be able to circumvent the 50+1 rule since Bundesliga requires an individual or corporate investor not be exceeding having 50% of the shares as well as voting rights. So far just three clubs are exempt from it (Leverkusen, Wolfsburg and Hoffenheim) as their main corporate/individual shareholder have retained the club for more than 20 years. We saw something similar with TSV Munich 1860 when the Jordanian investor Ismaik bought 60% of the club’s shares in 2011 and was still restricted to having just 49% of the voting rights and he had been heavily criticized for his attempts to reinvigorate the club and his hands were tied because of 50+1.

To me perhaps the better target would have been Hamburger SV, an old traditional powerhouse that has fallen. It will definitely be interesting to see how this pans out.

Messi983

They've bought Piatek from Milan (27m), Matheus Cunha from Leipzig (15m) and Lucas Tousart (25m) though he'll stay on loan at Lyon until the end of the season. Not exactly world class players but still an interesting start of their new project. And they probably have a lot more money to spend in summer.

BTW, they are playing tonight against Schalke. Don't know if Piatek will play as he only joined them yesterday but hopefully Todibo and/or Miranda will start for S04.

mc_lovin

Someone else watching Leverkusen-Dortmund? Really open game (are all Bundesliga games like that? ;D). Sancho looks incredible, Haaland quite unlucky so far. And I would hate if we go for Havertz. Thats all for now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Someone else watching Leverkusen-Dortmund? Really open game (are all Bundesliga games like that? ;D). Sancho looks incredible, Haaland quite unlucky so far. And I would hate if we go for Havertz. Thats all for now.

Most games tend to be quite open, which might explain why some players struggle to adapt to other leagues.

serghei

Lautaro and Sancho are the best players we can sign in the summer to renew our attack. Too bad we can't afford both. Dortmund sold us Dembele for 120m. and they've brought in a better player for peanuts :lol:.

Fati - Lautaro - Sancho in a few years. :worthy:

Last edited:

DonAK

Lautaro and Sancho are the best players we can sign in the summer to renew our attack. Too bad we can't afford both. Dortmund sold us Dembele for 120m. and they've brought in a better player for peanuts :lol:.

I see Sancho having the same problems as Dembele. Similar type of creative winger that need the ball at their feet to get going. Might struggle when there's less space as most games in the BuLi are really open.

Any LW we sign need to be a proficient goalscorer. We don't need a creative winger, we need someone who can score from that position.

serghei

I see Sancho having the same problems as Dembele. Similar type of creative winger that need the ball at their feet to get going. Might struggle when there's less space as most games in the BuLi are really open.

Any LW we sign need to be a proficient goalscorer. We don't need a creative winger, we need someone who can score from that position.

For me he is totally different to Dembele. Much better in short spaces, much composed technique, better all around ball control in pretty much every area, more reliable dribbling, more creativity.

And his scoring numbers are very good. Top 3 goalscoers in Bundesliga at the moment, with the first two being clear no9s.

Also, we can't really say anything about Dembele at Barcelona due to injuries. Man barely played a couple of games for us before getting into the injury roller-coaster.

Last edited:

DonAK

For me he is totally different to Dembele. Much better in short spaces, much composed technique, better all around ball control in pretty much every area, more reliable dribbling, more creativity.

Dembele was a better dribbler and more creative player IMO. You gotta remember that OD was extremely impressive for Dortmund in the BuLi and CL. Won them a Cup final too and scored against Bayern to win a SF/QF.

I definitely don't want them to pay another massive fee on a young player that might not adapt well.

serghei

Dembele was a better dribbler and more creative player IMO. You gotta remember that OD was extremely impressive for Dortmund in the BuLi and CL. Won them a Cup final too and scored against Bayern to win a SF/QF.

I definitely don't want them to pay another massive fee on a young player that might not adapt well.

Yea, but I was speaking about short spaces. Sancho is more tidy in short spaces, as opposed to Dembele who is cut for counter attacking sides. Of the two, I see Sancho as a better fit for a club like ours who spends more time in crowded positionals than attacking in space on the break.

serghei

We're gonna spend a massive fee on a young player in attack anyway. World class forwards just in their prime are by default not on the market. I'd rather get Lautaro and Sancho than bring back a 28-29 year old buffoon with a knack for partying, who might give you 1-2 seasons before he considers it's time to party more and play less.

Last edited:

DonAK

We're gonna spend a massive fee on a young player in attack anyway. World class forwards just in their prime are by default not on the market.

It's going to be Neymar. Possibly Lautaro too if Suarez leaves.

Home of Barca Fans