Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
After almost 3 hours including 30 minutes of extra time during which 4 goals were scored and a penalty shootout, Werder Bremen eliminated BVB from the DFB Pokal at Signal Iduna Park and advanced to the semi-finals.

Earlier today HSV eliminated Nuremberg and a 2.Buli side Heidenheim eliminated Leverkusen which beat Bayern last weekend 3:1.

If Bayern beats Hertha tomorrow there should be little suspense left as to who will win the Pokal this season. All the good teams except Bayern are out.

Leo_Messi

After almost 3 hours including 30 minutes of extra time during which 4 goals were scored and a penalty shootout, Werder Bremen eliminated BVB from the DFB Pokal at Signal Iduna Park and advanced to the semi-finals.

Earlier today HSV eliminated Nuremberg and a 2.Buli side Heidenheim eliminated Leverkusen which beat Bayern last weekend 3:1.

If Bayern beats Hertha tomorrow there should be little suspense left as to who will win the Pokal this season. All the good teams except Bayern are out.

The DFB-Pokal is of lesser importance than the FA Cup, CdR and Coppa Italia so Bayern winning it in the one-horse league that is the Bundesliga (historically even much, much worse than Ligue 1) is of little importance. Bayern is only a potential competitor in the CL where they have only won the CL once in 17 seasons. They are expected to win the league every single season due to the enormous disparity between them and other clubs but currently they are 7 points behind a very young Dortmund team with 14 rounds left. So a bad season for them if they fail to win the league title or CL, even if they win 10 DFB-Pokal titles during a single season if that was even a possibility.:lol:

Anyway Leipzig can still win it provided that they manage to defeat Wolfsburg tomorrow night. Only know their opponent due to wanting to follow the future CB GOAT Ibrahima Konaté in action!

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
massive chocke by dortmund to only tie the game after they were 3-0 up in the 75th minute.

Wow, I stopped watching when they scored the 3rd goal and the game ended with 3:3. Wow.

Hats off to Nagelsmann.

Sancho is a terrific player. Wish we could trade Malcom plus cash for him.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Everything is pointing to a return of Bayern to the Buli championship.

They will beat Schalke easily today (every single time they came to the Allianz they surrendered like the Germans on the eastern front after 1943), then there is only 5 points between them.

Leo_Messi

What a pathetic defensive display. Throwing 3 secure points away in 20 minutes time up 3-0 at home against a mediocre Hoffenheim team. I was hoping that a club not called Bayern Munich would win the title this season (at last) but there is no way that this is going to happen if Dortmund keeps throwing games away in such a pathetic fashion. Not that I have anything against Bayern as a club. Used to like them the most in Germany along with Stuttgart (another Southern German team) and likewise Bavaria as a region. Dortmund is a dump in comparison. No offense to anyone from the Ruhr district.

Sancho is a special player indeed. The English have quite a talented generation of late.

Watching the Bayern-Schalke game. What a low level of football and defending. No wonder that Bayern chokes when it matters the most in the CL with such domestic rivals.

Last edited:

Joan

2e23fc128d261b881936f7f3ec62f7fb.jpg

It's great!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Hilarious stuff.

Do you like Brazil? Didn’t get that one. Why Mainz, Düsseldorf and Friburg?

St. Pauli all the way! Hopefully they can beat Cologne to get promoted to the 1.Buli next season and we will have the Reeperbahn derby in the 1.Buli!

Joan

Hilarious stuff.

Do you like Brazil? Didn’t get that one. Why Mainz, Düsseldorf and Friburg?
Me neither. :shrug: What's worse, if you check here: "This is a list of footballers who have played for SC Freiburg since the promotion to the 2. Fußball-Bundesliga in 1978." There's not a single Brasilian on the list. :lol:
St. Pauli all the way! Hopefully they can beat Cologne to get promoted to the 1.Buli next season and we will have the Reeperbahn derby in the 1.Buli!
Who would've thought! St. Pauli? Did you like them due to political connotations?

Gladbach for me. :)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Me neither. :shrug: What's worse, if you check here: "This is a list of footballers who have played for SC Freiburg since the promotion to the 2. Fußball-Bundesliga in 1978." There's not a single Brasilian on the list. :lol:

Who would've thought! St. Pauli? Did you like them due to political connotations?

Gladbach for me. :)

Yeah I like St. Pauli because of their political leanings, the fact that they are openly espousing progressive values and they don't shun away from admitting that it is part of who they are. Honestly I have not watched them play yet even though I have been to Hamburg twice so far. Perhaps next time. I just know they kind of sucked playing football and they have had some of the ugliest jerseys that I have seen :lol:. This season they are apparently doing pretty well, currently the 3rd place in the table and I do hope they can beat Cologne to get promoted (HSV will definitely come back to the 1.Buli next season).

I used to like BVB a lot because of the style of their play (direct, no nonsense and so passionate and energetic) and their great fan atmosphere at Signal Iduna Park, and the fact that they were the only team that could cause Bayern some trouble. But in the last couple of years or so I sort of fell out, partly because they played bad and partly because I didn't have a lot of time watching their games.

I casually followed TSV 1860 because as I said before, Shao Jiayi, one of my favorite players growing up, from my hometown's team Beijing Guoan went to play for them and I started following them. But he is long gone and right now I am just supporting them emotionally primarily because they are anti-Bayern. :)

Gladbach is nice, I like them too. They almost always kicked Bayern's ass, even at the Allianz. :worthy: To me they are a small and cozy club yet they have achieved great things in the past and wrestled with the titans. I went to Borussia Park in 2017 and watched them playing against HSV and there was an middle-age lady sitting next to me, she was so nice, going out of her way to be a good host and explaining everything to me about their club, very friendly people. If you haven't tried making it there you really should. Half an hour by train from Düsseldorf and you can take the free bus that will take directly from the Gladbach train station to the stadium.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Now I am sitting in front of a computer I am able to read and appreciate the whole thing.

Hannover is a big city? :ohmy:

Cologne has a GOAT in their team indeed. :lol: He is more GOAT than Messi for sure.

Joan

Yeah I like St. Pauli because of their political leanings, the fact that they are openly espousing progressive values and they don't shun away from admitting that it is part of who they are. Honestly I have not watched them play yet even though I have been to Hamburg twice so far. Perhaps next time. I just know they kind of sucked playing football and they have had some of the ugliest jerseys that I have seen :lol:. This season they are apparently doing pretty well, currently the 3rd place in the table and I do hope they can beat Cologne to get promoted (HSV will definitely come back to the 1.Buli next season).

I used to like BVB a lot because of the style of their play (direct, no nonsense and so passionate and energetic) and their great fan atmosphere at Signal Iduna Park, and the fact that they were the only team that could cause Bayern some trouble. But in the last couple of years or so I sort of fell out, partly because they played bad and partly because I didn't have a lot of time watching their games.

I casually followed TSV 1860 because as I said before, Shao Jiayi, one of my favorite players growing up, from my hometown's team Beijing Guoan went to play for them and I started following them. But he is long gone and right now I am just supporting them emotionally primarily because they are anti-Bayern. :)

Gladbach is nice, I like them too. They almost always kicked Bayern's ass, even at the Allianz. :worthy: To me they are a small and cozy club yet they have achieved great things in the past and wrestled with the titans. I went to Borussia Park in 2017 and watched them playing against HSV and there was an middle-age lady sitting next to me, she was so nice, going out of her way to be a good host and explaining everything to me about their club, very friendly people. If you haven't tried making it there you really should. Half an hour by train from Düsseldorf and you can take the free bus that will take directly from the Gladbach train station to the stadium.

I'm also fond of St. Pauli. I used to think Barca could be similar. :lol: Some time ago.

Never been to Dusseldorf either. I usually go to Munich (quite often). One of the reasons I don't hate Bayern that much
Thanks for the advice!

Home of Barca Fans