Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

Yannik

I can understand your stance on RB, a team that might rival for the title soon, depending on how hard RB goes with it. Tbh even I am a bit excited somehow to see what they are gonna do.
What's with 1860 though, [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]? :wave:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I can understand your stance on RB, a team that might rival for the title soon, depending on how hard RB goes with it. Tbh even I am a bit excited somehow to see what they are gonna do.
What's with 1860 though, [MENTION=13941]Luftstalag14[/MENTION]? :wave:

I don't think Leipzig will be a serious title contender any time soon (not in 5 or 6 years at least) since their squad is relatively very young and inexperienced, the fact their best player is Selke says something about them I think. Their No.1 goal in the next season is not getting relegated and if they can gain a solid foothold in the 1.Bundesliga, good for them. Also, RB can't just pump unlimited amount of money into that team since they are subject to both DFL and UEFA rules, right? I am afraid if they can't attract better players and talent they will be a mid-table team at best in the foreseeable future.

As to TSV 1860, hehe, I have a soft spot for them for several reasons. First, one of my favorite hometown players from Beijing, Shao Jiayi spent four seasons at TSV 1860 between 2002 and 2006 so that was how I was introduced to TSV 1860. Even after he left I was still loosely following them just to see how they were doing. Unfortunately it has been a downward spiral for them (I guess we will never see a Munich Derby again). Secondly, the fact that they are "the other team" from Munich that many Bayern fans liked to trash automatically makes them a team for me, wink, wink, you know. ;) I attended a couple of their games at the Allianz and I have to say it was a shame that the support just was not there compared to what Bayern is receiving.

Shao Jiayi

jiayi-shao-of-munich-celebrates-the-second-goal-during-the-second-picture-id57185907

Last edited:

Yannik

I don't think Leipzig will be a serious title contender any time soon (not in 5 or 6 years at least) since their squad is relatively very young and inexperienced, the fact their best player is Selke says something about them I think. Their No.1 goal in the next season is not getting relegated and if they can gain a solid foothold in the 1.Bundesliga, good for them. Also, RB can't just pump unlimited amount of money into that team since they are subject to both DFL and UEFA rules, right? I am afraid if they can't attract better players and talent they will be a mid-table team at best in the foreseeable future.

As to TSV 1860, hehe, I have a soft spot for them for several reasons. First, one of my favorite hometown players from Beijing, Shao Jiayi spent four seasons at TSV 1860 between 2002 and 2006 so that was how I was introduced to TSV 1860. Even after he left I was still loosely following them just to see how they were doing. Unfortunately it has been a downward spiral for them (I guess we will never see a Munich Derby again). Secondly, the fact that they are "the other team" from Munich that many Bayern fans liked to trash automatically makes them a team for me, wink, wink, you know. ;) I attended a couple of their games at the Allianz and I have to say it was a shame that the support just was not there compared to what Bayern is receiving.

Shao Jiayi

I think their best player is Forsberg, at least that's what I usually hear. I agree that at first they need to set foot into the league, but they've already been spending like 40m in what was only the 2nd division, they might turn the heat up in the first league now. Their squad is pretty young, so there's plenty of potential in it, not comparable to the top dogs in germany in that department, but not far off either. I think FFP is more damaging them than 50+1 and DFL rules, after all they are a Werksclub and therefor not that affected.

Ahh I see, that sounds reasonable, well hope for you they manage to hold their ground then in the 2nd tier for some time.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think their best player is Forsberg, at least that's what I usually hear. I agree that at first they need to set foot into the league, but they've already been spending like 40m in what was only the 2nd division, they might turn the heat up in the first league now. Their squad is pretty young, so there's plenty of potential in it, not comparable to the top dogs in germany in that department, but not far off either. I think FFP is more damaging them than 50+1 and DFL rules, after all they are a Werksclub and therefor not that affected.

Ahh I see, that sounds reasonable, well hope for you they manage to hold their ground then in the 2nd tier for some time.

Yeah, but TSV 1860 has never been good enough to even have that slimmer of hope of being promoted to 1.Bundesliga and it seems not getting relegated rather has become what gives a jolt to their fans every season (for example the drama at the end of 14/15 season). That is sad, a team that does not have a lot of aspirations. They have had a lot of different managers in recent years and nobody was able to make a difference. I got the feelings that the Jordanian owner didn't get much satisfaction from the club and I read rumors a while ago that he might just pack up and leave. The club is still in bad shape financially so they will have to dig within their own academy for players (not a bad academy, after all they produced the Bender brothers, Moritz Leitner, Kevin Volland, Mlapa and Weigl, to name a few). I did my part by buying two TSV 1860 jerseys last time I was in town. :p

Now Munich Derby only happens in video games, sadly.

Last edited:

serghei

Disgraceful from Ribery, poking Castro's eye with his finger. Nice game otherwise, pretty even so far. Bayern with a possible pen. for a foul on Lewandowski.

diDi7

Ribery got away with that. The one thing I won't miss when he's gone is that temper and bad attitude. Fucking stupid thing to do.

Home of Barca Fans