Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

Pep wouldn't play this naively against us. But yeah, if they did, MSN would tear them apart.

Problem for Pep is that he won't control the game the way he wants. That was Pep's football, control, control, control. He always sets his team up to control the ball, so when the team can't do it at the required level, problems arise.

Lucho has made less dominant as in total control, but more disciplined without the ball, which is equally strong. Bayern won't ever have 70% of the ball against us. That's not possible against a team that has such exquisite passers like we do (Messi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves, Pique etc.). So, a game against this Barca would mean a perfect Bayern without the ball. That is not possible I think, because they don't practice this kind of football.

Trickykid

Problem for Pep is that he won't control the game the way he wants. That was Pep's football, control, control, control. He always sets his team up to control the ball, so when the team can't do it at the required level, problems arise.

Lucho has made less dominant as in total control, but more disciplined without the ball, which is equally strong. Bayern won't ever have 70% of the ball against us. That's not possible against a team that has such exquisite passers like we do (Messi, Iniesta, Busi, Alves, Pique etc.). So, a game against this Barca would mean a perfect Bayern without the ball. That is not possible I think, because they don't practice this kind of football.

To be honest, the majority of the first leg last season was pretty cagey as far as I recall. Both teams played reasonably pragmatic football, and clear cut chances were scarce. If Pep hadn't gone full retard after our lead goal, the game could very well have ended like that.

serghei

To be honest, the majority of the first leg last season was pretty cagey as far as I recall. Both teams played reasonably pragmatic football, and clear cut chances were scarce. If Pep hadn't gone full retard after our lead goal, the game could very well have ended like that.

I think the game was close in terms of teritorial domination and possession of the ball. But the only team that did create chances that game was FC Barcelona. I think we were unlucky not to go at least 2-0 up at half time. Overall, it was a deserved scoreline. Let's not forget shots on target read 8-0 at the end of the game, and that Neuer had at least 3 saves in 1 vs 1s, ending up their star performer (by far) in a 0-3 loss.

I think that the way we scored (with 2 unbelievable moments from Messi) made the win seem more the work of a genius player, but the overall game indicated a domination on our part, and also a massive disarray in Bayern's defence that could not handle our strikers (except for 15-20 minutes before Messi scored the opener).

I believe we scored in a period when we, I think, were starting to think about the 0-0 as a positive result. At 1-0 Bayern pushed forward to score a crucial away goal, and the opportunity of playing a counterattack game opened up. And we took the game with both hands and pretty much ended the tie in game 1 when Neymar scored the third.

The way we won the game looked a bit circumstantial, but we did dominate the game and were the only team that created actual danger, making the keeper work a lot on the night. They appeared to be in control for portions in the game (especially in the 2nd half), but their offensive game was toothless, uninspired, and their defence was a mess.

Last edited:

xavi_the_Boss

Suarez had a 1 on 1 and a free Header.Neymar and Alves also had big chances.
It was only in the 2nd half were we didn´t have much till we scored 3.

Trickykid

I think the game was close in terms of teritorial domination and possession of the ball. But the only team that did create chances that game was FC Barcelona. I think we were unlucky not to go at least 2-0 up at half time. Overall, it was a deserved scoreline. Let's not forget shots on target read 8-0 at the end of the game, and that Neuer had at least 3 saves in 1 vs 1s, ending up their star performer (by far) in a 0-3 loss.

I think that the way we scored (with 2 unbelievable moments from Messi) made the win seem more the work of a genius player, but the overall game indicated a domination on our part, and also a massive disarray in Bayern's defence that could not handle our strikers (except for 15-20 minutes before Messi scored the opener).

I believe we scored in a period when we, I think, were starting to think about the 0-0 as a positive result. At 1-0 Bayern pushed forward to score a crucial away goal, and the opportunity of playing a counterattack game opened up. And we took the game with both hands and pretty much ended the tie in game 1 when Neymar scored the third.

The way we won the game looked a bit circumstantial, but we did dominate the game and were the only team that created actual danger, making the keeper work a lot on the night. They appeared to be in control for portions in the game (especially in the 2nd half), but their offensive game was toothless, uninspired, and their defence was a mess.

Yeah, I know Bayern created jack all in that match, but my point was that we didn't create much either - perhaps slightly more than I recall, though. Bayern played a disciplined game back then, contrary to what we saw today. I'm fairly certain that, if we meet again this season, their defense will resemble the one we faced more than the one against Mönchengladbach.

Suarez had a 1 on 1 and a free Header.Neymar and Alves also had big chances.
It was only in the 2nd half were we didn´t have much till we scored 3.

I haven't rewatched it, so you're probably right. I remember them playing a disciplined game, though, up untill Pep fucked up, that is.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Look what Schalke fans did before the game against Hannover to celebrate their 111th anniversary:

One of the most impressive things ever in a stadium.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Mhkitaryan, Aubameyang, Hummels scored for BVB, 3:1 against Eintracht Frankfurt right now :rockon:

Still 5 points behind Bayern, which got a bumbling win against FC Ingolstadt yesterday. HUGE respect for Ingolstadt for owning Bayern at the Allianz Arena. I am a fan now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
DFB Pokal Round of 16 games today:

Gladbach 3:4 Werder Bremen
Unterhaching 1:3 Leverkusen
Bayern 1:0 Darmstadt (HT) Bayern not impressive at all, Darmstadt was doing very well defending, Bayern came on top thanks to a screamer from Xabi Alonso
Erzgebirge 0:0 Heidenheim (HT)

BVB plays tomorrow at FC Augsburg

Home of Barca Fans