My analysis of the current state of Barca, its transfers and its needs

FiReFTW

I decided to analyze our transfers this season, our needs, our team.. to share my views on the subject and see what other ppl think, if they feel the same

1. Transfers so far

Transfers Out :

Dos Santos 2M - Didn't really have a place in the team. *****
A.Sanchez 42M - Great player, but he didn't really fit our style, I think he will fit in Arsenal much better. *****
Cesc Fabregas 33M - Did not fit in the team any way you look at it, he forced Barca to fit him instead, good transfer but the price is a bit low for such a player, we could have gotten more. ****

Transfers In :

Ter Stegen 12M - Great young talented goalkeeper, we could have bought some others that would be equally impressive, but good pick regardless. *****
Bravo 12M - Good keeper, maybe too good and expensive for a back up? Well.. better too good, than too bad, good transfer. ****
Rakitič 18M - Decent midfielder, we could have gotten a better player but nevertheless, decent transfer. ***
Suarez 81M - Probably the best striker we could have bought. After Neymar now Suarez.. Messidependence farewell. *****

Conclusion: Very good transfers so far, I hope this trend continues

2. The state of our current team:

GK- T.Stegen, Bravo, Masip (Very talented young GK, great backups) *****
LB- Alba, Adriano (Alba good atk, bad def, Adriano injury prone but good, overall very good) ****
RB- Alves, Montoya (Alves suspect in defence and worse every season, Montoya overrated and average in everything, overall position is not that great) ***
CB- Pique, Bartra ( In dire need of big reinforcements ) **
DM- Busquets, Mascherano, Song?? ( both different but great players at DM, Song not really needed and should be sold ) *****
CM- Iniesta, Rafinha, Rakitič, S.Roberto, Xavi?? ( Does Xavi stay or go? overall it looks very good) ****
ATK- Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Pedro, Delofeu, Affelay??, Bojan?? ( great attack on paper, lets see how it works in practice ) *****

Conclusions:
- CB position in dire need of new and GOOD reinforcements, 2 players IMO
- RB position doesn't look that great, and we also have 2 attacking fullbacks which hurts the balance even more, a quality player on this position wouldn't be a bad idea
- Midfield is good, but if Xavi goes perhaps we need another backup player perhaps. Not sure if we have any decent players in Barca B in case injuries hit us hard
- Attack looks great on paper, Affelay and Bojan will probably be sold.

FiReFTW

Yes but thats a dream, I doubt it will happen in reality. With Cb's we seem to look at some really artificial things, seems they need to have really good ball control and passing skills and this and that.. instead of just buying a strong, fast, tall beast.

Home of Barca Fans