Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Date: 25.10.2014

Post-match reactions

Match:
    Real Madrid vs FC Barcelona (3-1)

Luis Enrique: "We started well, with options to make it 2-0," Luis Enrique explained.

Luis Enrique: "In the second it was a struggle, we made errors and our rival won in a completely deserved manner."

Luis Enrique:
    "I stand by the decision to start Suarez, he is an important player for us and knows all the mechanasims [of the team's play]".

Luis Enrique: "Defeats help a team to learn," he contined.

Luis Enrique:
    "I hope that [this result] will serve to rectify our errors and we look forward to the future."

Luis Enrique: "We will value what we have done at the end of the season,"

Luis Enrique: "Against PSG we deserved more, although against Madrid it was different, they deserved it much more."

Ancelotti: "In terms of the philosophy, this is the team I want. We're following the same idea as last year, trying to improve it and things are going well", he said.

Ancelotti: "I'm satisfied with these players and proud of them because they're playing with a real responsibility and professionalism that I have not seen often during my management career."

Ancelotti: "You have to play the way we did to beat Barcelona. They're a strong team and they're very tough to play against."

Sergio Ramos: "The team were incredible in every department. Even though we went a goal down early on, we always knew what we were doing and we read the game well", he said.

Sergio Ramos: "It was a day to enjoy; when you see things work out the way you wanted. We were good in front of goal as well; it was a good all-round display in every department."

Sergio Ramos: "We read the game well. We knew when to play on the counter and when to commit men forward. They're not used to sides dominating the game against them and we did a lot of damage with that. They're not the only ones who can play", remarked

Pique: "It would have looked strange if I'd gone down with my hand behind my back".

Pique: "When we know the actual criteria, we'll know if it was handball or not. It was a fair result, although I'm taking away the positives from the first half".

Luis Suárez: "I felt good and I tried to do everything in my power to help my team, but I knew I wouldn't be able to last the 90 minutes", the striker noted.

Luis Suárez: "I didn't know I was going to play until the team talk. You always want to mark your debut with a win and all the more so considering the occasion, but I'm going away satisfied because I gave my all", Suárez added.

Luis Suárez: "We're still a point ahead"

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There were other post-reactions of both xavi and pepe , but the ones from xavi were edited by either marca or sport.

Marca :

Xavi Hernández: "When you waste chances at the Bernabéu, you end up paying for it. I think each team had a good half. Barcelona were good in the first. They live off the counterattack and we couldn't stop them. We believe in what we're doing", he said.

Sport :
    Xavi Hernández: "We have tried to keep an eye out for the counter-attacks, but that is where Madrid hit us,"

Xavi Hernández: "The second especially, conceding from our own corner.''

Xavi Hernández: "We played well in the first half, dominating and creating chances, but in the second half we weren't as good.''

Xavi Hernández: "In the Bernabeu, when you make mistakes like that, you are made to pay,"

Then Pepe responded with this :

Pepe: "I don't think that's the case. You heard the fans 'olé-ing' [because of Real's passing sequences] and that says it all. We had a day less to recover than they did and we showed our class. Now we have to keep working hard and not get complacent"

Pepe: "We came out with a winning mentality after half-time and we turned the match around because of our hunger. I'd like to remind everyone that winning the 'Décima' didn't happen by chance", he added.

Flavia
    Lucho press conference 28/10/2014:

Here are 10 highlights from Luis Enrique's press conference, which was in theory supposed to serve as a preview for Wednesday's Catalan Super Cup against Espanyol.

1. Critics:
    "I don't have the capacity to accept the critics so I don't listen to them or read them. We criticise internally, though, to help us improve. I accept the responsibility and I am the culpable one."

2. Did Messi need an injenction to play?
    "That's a decision taken between the player and the doctor and it's not for me to say. I don't know if he needed an injection, but he was at 100 percent. My advice, as a former player and a manager, is not to do it, but if someone wants to that is a personal decision. But Messi is fine, he just has a minor knock after the Clasico."

3. Where's the renovation?
    "Before I was criticised for not playing Xavi. After a defeat everyone is a critic and people would have been the same if I played younger players because they don't have experience."

4. Attitude problem?
    "If I had detected one I would be worried, but it's not like that. We went with a bold side and had a chance to go 2-0 up."

5. Luis Suarez's debut:
    "He was at a high level, didn't lose the ball and created chances - he gave a great assist to Leo for the 0-2 chance... He's only been here a few months and it's a long process, but he's more comfortable all the time. His absence in the Ballon d'Or? I don't make the list and won't discuss it."

6. Complicated moments after defeat?
    "It's always disappointing to lose in the Bernabeu as a Cule, but I am still very motivated and we must continue insisting on what we've been doing."

7. The dressing room vibe:
    "Of course there's a period of mourning after a defeat; they wouldn't be elite players if there wasn't. They are used to overcoming difficult situations, though."

8. Defensive fragility:
    "It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."

9. Would you change the XI that played against Madrid? "After the game it's easy to say that. I wasn't expecting the game to be like it was; if you told me before then maybe I would have changed some players."

10. Catalan Super Cup:
    "It's the perfect chance to forget our last game and an opportunity to rectify the situation. It will allow us to give minutes to players who need them and that will help the team."

Luis Enrique makes it clear who's boss after Jeremy Mathieu's "surprise"
    French defender Mathieu said he was surprised to play left-back against Madrid and his boss has reacted strongly

The Asturian Luis Enrique Martinez showed plenty of character in his press conference previewing Wednesday's Catalan Super Cup.

He didn't like quotes from Jeremy Mathieu, who said that he was surprised to play as a left-back against Real Madrid in the Clasico defeat at the Bernabeu.
    Luis Enrique was clearly annoyed by his comments.

"I prefer that the player says what he thinks to my face,"
    Barça's boss said.
    "I would understand him being surprised if I had put him as a striker, but Jeremy has played as a left-back for Valencia many times.

"Mathieu can play in the middle or on the left, if one of the two surprised him, that's done now, let's get on with it."
    Elsewhere, Martin Montoya's future at the club had more doubt cast upon it.

The youngster is hardly playing this season and his manager admits he feels sorry for him.
    "Actions speak louder than words," Luis Enrique began.

"I appreciate him, but his situation is delicate.. I always use those that I think can help [the team].
    "I feel bad for him; he is behaving in an exemplary manner. I admire him and respect him, but he has to wait for his moment... if it comes."

Luis Enrique Martinez wanted to ease the pressure on two players who have been in the news for the wrong reasons since arriving at Barcelona: Thomas Vermaelen and Douglas.

While the Brazilian has played just 73 minutes since he signed in August, the Belgian has still not been able to make his Barça debut - he's been recovering from an injury he arrived at the club with in the summer.

On Tuesday, Barça's boss defended the pair in his press conference.

"It's a normal situation for a player who has spent a lot of time injured," Luis Enrique said about Vermaelen.

"He wasn't able to play much last season and after a year of problems he is recovering.

"At the moment he's doing some specific work on his own because the recovery has not gone as we initially expected."

Meanwhile, on Douglas, the Asturian is confused at the reputation his new right-back has already earned.

"I don't understand the bad feeling towards him," Luis Enrique continued.

"I don't understand it. He's a young player that has come from Brazil and needs time to adapt to his new surroundings."

All from http://www.sport-english.com

President of FC Barcelona
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "I feel bad for him; he is behaving in an exemplary manner. I admire him and respect him, but he has to wait for his moment... if it comes."

Oops...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAK View Post

Oops...
    Maybe it was more "when it comes" ?

Culé de Celestial Empire
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not liking what I am seeing from Luis Enrique.

Let's see what we have:

Openly scolding a player (Mathieu), openly casting doubts on a player (Montoya) while shedding crocodile's tears, overly defiant and defensive in the face of criticism ( "I don't have the capacity to accept the critics" ); being cynical (regarding playing Xavi); stubborn...

And what the heck was "It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."?? Continuing to have these bad moments doesn't worry him??? Playing the same way no matter what??

Luis Enrique struck me as so stubborn and full of himself.
    Sóc Culer.

Flavia
    Quote Originally Posted by Jägermeister View Post
    Maybe it was more "when it comes" ?
    No. He said "if it comes".

Quote Originally Posted by Luftstalag14 View Post
    I am not liking what I am seeing from Luis Enrique.

Let's see what we have:

Openly scolding a player (Mathieu), openly casting doubts on a player (Montoya) while shedding crocodile's tears, overly defiant and defensive in the face of criticism ( "I don't have the capacity to accept the critics" ); being cynical (regarding playing Xavi); stubborn...

And what the heck was "It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."?? Continuing to have these bad moments doesn't worry him??? Playing the same way no matter what??

Luis Enrique struck me as so stubborn and full of himself.
    I didn't like this pressy either. It was horrible. And the part about not accepting criticism is really worrying.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Flavia View Post
    No. He said "if it comes".

I didn't like this pressy either. It was horrible. And the part about not accepting criticism is really worrying.
    Honestly I don't think managers should care at all about media criticism

6racies Xavi
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Actions speak louder than words," Luis Enrique began.

"I appreciate him, but his situation is delicate.. I always use those that I think can help [the team].

What does this sh*t mean. Those rumours about him not training are not true seeing as LE says "he is behaving in an exemplary manner" and its not like lahm is playing in his position. Just hoping that the right players get benched in the next game but I don't have high hopes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Im not too sure about Luis Enrique. I dont think he is the right man for the job. Its a shame that we have one of the Worlds greatest ever players with other World class players but our manager (& board) isnt of the same standard and we havent really had a guy of that standard since Pep... Its a waste of great players if we dont have a really great manager. I hope Im wrong about Enrique tho

Flavia
    Sergio Busquets insists he doesn't have an injury - 10 best quotes

The Barcelona defensive midfielder claims that he's fit, and ready to get back to winning ways

Sport EN | 3.11.2014 | 18:42h.

Sergio Busquets spoke ahead of Barcelona's Champions League clash with Ajax Amsterdam. The player, who suffered a pubis injury a couple of weeks ago, insisted he was fit despite rumours, and promised the fans the team would try and recapture their form from the first weeks. Here are his best 10 quotes.
    -------------------------------------

1. Physically, how are you? The pubis injury was some time ago and I am fine. I don't know where these rumours have come from. It's true that a few weeks ago I had an injury in the area but I'm not feeling anything that's being said.

2. Will you miss Spain's next games to rest?
    I have not considered giving up the games because I'm a player and I am looking forward to being in the squad so I can play. It is true that there are many games, but that's the calendar.

3. Are you concerned about negative criticism?
    We know how this world works and it is clear that when you lose it's normal to have more debate and a closer look. We need to improve and hopefully we stop the slump on Wednesday!

4. Madrid look better than Barca each week...
    I do not want to get into issues that are not about our team, but it's clear that Madrid have signed well because they are a great team. Now they are more strong because they have won titles, they have a great squad and good results, but we just have to worry about our situation and not how the others are or play.

5. How about the style of Luis Enrique?
    We have the same style as the previous years, which is no other than having possession of the ball and creating chances. Defensively we are not strong physically but we try to get the ball back quickly when we lose it and to be more together, compact.

6. Is communication from the coach good?
    Yes, it's good. As a coach Luis Enrique always commuicates individually or collectively after and before games.

7. Are you comfortable with midfield rotation?
    We have a large squad and rotation is necessary and works well because, like I said earlier, the calendar is large and we have to play in different positions. But although the footballers are different, the roles don't change.

8. Are you worried about conceding six goals against PSG and Madrid?
    It's clearly a concern but we have scored goals too. We try to win and and, yes, to be more defensively solid, with more options, and we work hard at this. We must be stronger in the future.

9. How have you seen Luis Suarez's play?
    Luis is a great player and he showed at Ajax and at Liverpool. He's a natural goalscorer and makes a difference in the box. He's only played two official games, but he will help us a lot. He can shoot with both feet and his head and you know that you will get something when he has the ball.

10. What is the message to the fans as a captain?
    Continue to rely on the team. We will keep fighting and working hard in each game. This has just started and we need the support of all the fans, we have to be together until the end in order to have a good year.

Flavia
    Why did everyone abandoned this thread???

Busquets press conference today:

Sergio Busquets boosted by Atlético win

ROGER BOGUNYÀ
    01/13/2015 13:11

The FC Barcelona midfielder is aware that the 3-1 victory was just what the team needed, but that it will be meaningless if they don't continue to win matches

Sergio Busquets told his Tuesday press conference that “beating Atlético was a very positive boost for the team. It wasn’t just the win but also the way we achieved it. It will do us the world of good, but unless we carry on winning then it will all have been for nothing.”

He was quizzed on how they could go in just seven days from defeat at Anoeta to such a stunning display against the defending champions. “We’d love it if every game worked out the way things did against Atlético, but that’s not always possible” said the midfielder. “We went 1-0 down to Real in the very first minute . It was bad luck. And they kept it very tight at the back and we couldn’t create chances in the first half, although we did in the second. Against Atlético we got off to a much better start and were soon winning 1-0. That was a huge reassurance. Everything flowed from that.”

The attacking threesome of Neymar, Suárez and Messi struck again. “They are three great players” said Busquets. “They score, they unsettle opponents and they create pressure. The other day they were the first to create pressure”.

He also spoke about the situation regarding his Argentinian team-mate. “Messi is a very down-to-earth person. He may be an amazing player but, as he said the other day, he’s a squad member like any other. He controls his future and he has said he has no intention of leaving and that’s very important for us. All he was saying yesterday was the typical cliché that you never know what might happen in the future.”

Speaking more generally about the turmoil surrounding the club, Busquets commented that “people usually only know what they are told by the press but I think everyone has now had a chance to speak. We just want to be united, to be as one, and for the fans to be behind us.”

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interview with Jordi Alba 02.02.2015.

"We are playing at a very high level right now. We’ve won eight games in a row and the team dynamic is good. It’s always hard to maintain such a high standard of play and results, but we’ll try”.

“We know there’s a long way to go in the league. There’s the whole second half still to go and we know it’ll be hard for us to be champions. But we’ll try to keep this good run going for as long as possible. Let’s hope we can stay in contention in all three competitions”.

“I hope to stay at Barça for a long time. I had a great first season, but I struggled with injuries last year. This year I am fitter than at any other time in my career. I’m feeling phenomenal”.

On Suarez

"He's a different player to the ones we’ve had in recent years. He battles for everything, he fights for the ball with every defender, he creates space for the forwards and plays for the team … I’m sure he’d like to have scored more goals, but they’ll come. He’s calm about it and the squad are supporting him. The important thing is what he does for the team.”

and Neymar

"He’s having a great season” he commented. “Last season was all about adaptation and this year he’s scoring goals and doing what everyone expected of him … Let’s hope his goalscoring form continues and that he keeps playing like this until the end of the season.”