Press conferences/interviews

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am not liking what I am seeing from Luis Enrique.

Let's see what we have:

Openly scolding a player (Mathieu), openly casting doubts on a player (Montoya) while shedding crocodile's tears, overly defiant and defensive in the face of criticism ( "I don't have the capacity to accept the critics" ); being cynical (regarding playing Xavi); stubborn...

And what the heck was "It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."?? Continuing to have these bad moments doesn't worry him??? Playing the same way no matter what??

Luis Enrique struck me as so stubborn and full of himself.

F

Flavia

Maybe it was more "when it comes" ?

No. He said "if it comes".

I am not liking what I am seeing from Luis Enrique.

Let's see what we have:

Openly scolding a player (Mathieu), openly casting doubts on a player (Montoya) while shedding crocodile's tears, overly defiant and defensive in the face of criticism ( "I don't have the capacity to accept the critics" ); being cynical (regarding playing Xavi); stubborn...

And what the heck was "It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."?? Continuing to have these bad moments doesn't worry him??? Playing the same way no matter what??

Luis Enrique struck me as so stubborn and full of himself.

I didn't like this pressy either. It was horrible. And the part about not accepting criticism is really worrying.

Culeinho

Im not too sure about Luis Enrique. I dont think he is the right man for the job. Its a shame that we have one of the Worlds greatest ever players with other World class players but our manager (& board) isnt of the same standard and we havent really had a guy of that standard since Pep... Its a waste of great players if we dont have a really great manager. I hope Im wrong about Enrique tho

F

Flavia

Sergio Busquets insists he doesn't have an injury - 10 best quotes

The Barcelona defensive midfielder claims that he's fit, and ready to get back to winning ways

Sport EN | 3.11.2014 | 18:42h.

Sergio Busquets spoke ahead of Barcelona's Champions League clash with Ajax Amsterdam. The player, who suffered a pubis injury a couple of weeks ago, insisted he was fit despite rumours, and promised the fans the team would try and recapture their form from the first weeks. Here are his best 10 quotes.
-------------------------------------

1. Physically, how are you? The pubis injury was some time ago and I am fine. I don't know where these rumours have come from. It's true that a few weeks ago I had an injury in the area but I'm not feeling anything that's being said.

2. Will you miss Spain's next games to rest?
I have not considered giving up the games because I'm a player and I am looking forward to being in the squad so I can play. It is true that there are many games, but that's the calendar.

3. Are you concerned about negative criticism?
We know how this world works and it is clear that when you lose it's normal to have more debate and a closer look. We need to improve and hopefully we stop the slump on Wednesday!

4. Madrid look better than Barca each week...
I do not want to get into issues that are not about our team, but it's clear that Madrid have signed well because they are a great team. Now they are more strong because they have won titles, they have a great squad and good results, but we just have to worry about our situation and not how the others are or play.

5. How about the style of Luis Enrique?
We have the same style as the previous years, which is no other than having possession of the ball and creating chances. Defensively we are not strong physically but we try to get the ball back quickly when we lose it and to be more together, compact.

6. Is communication from the coach good?
Yes, it's good. As a coach Luis Enrique always commuicates individually or collectively after and before games.

7. Are you comfortable with midfield rotation?
We have a large squad and rotation is necessary and works well because, like I said earlier, the calendar is large and we have to play in different positions. But although the footballers are different, the roles don't change.

8. Are you worried about conceding six goals against PSG and Madrid?
It's clearly a concern but we have scored goals too. We try to win and and, yes, to be more defensively solid, with more options, and we work hard at this. We must be stronger in the future.

9. How have you seen Luis Suarez's play?
Luis is a great player and he showed at Ajax and at Liverpool. He's a natural goalscorer and makes a difference in the box. He's only played two official games, but he will help us a lot. He can shoot with both feet and his head and you know that you will get something when he has the ball.

10. What is the message to the fans as a captain?
Continue to rely on the team. We will keep fighting and working hard in each game. This has just started and we need the support of all the fans, we have to be together until the end in order to have a good year.

F

Flavia

Why did everyone abandoned this thread???

Busquets press conference today:

Sergio Busquets boosted by Atlético win

ROGER BOGUNYÀ
01/13/2015 13:11

The FC Barcelona midfielder is aware that the 3-1 victory was just what the team needed, but that it will be meaningless if they don't continue to win matches

proxy.jpg

Sergio Busquets told his Tuesday press conference that “beating Atlético was a very positive boost for the team. It wasn’t just the win but also the way we achieved it. It will do us the world of good, but unless we carry on winning then it will all have been for nothing.”

He was quizzed on how they could go in just seven days from defeat at Anoeta to such a stunning display against the defending champions. “We’d love it if every game worked out the way things did against Atlético, but that’s not always possible” said the midfielder. “We went 1-0 down to Real in the very first minute . It was bad luck. And they kept it very tight at the back and we couldn’t create chances in the first half, although we did in the second. Against Atlético we got off to a much better start and were soon winning 1-0. That was a huge reassurance. Everything flowed from that.”

The attacking threesome of Neymar, Suárez and Messi struck again. “They are three great players” said Busquets. “They score, they unsettle opponents and they create pressure. The other day they were the first to create pressure”.

He also spoke about the situation regarding his Argentinian team-mate. “Messi is a very down-to-earth person. He may be an amazing player but, as he said the other day, he’s a squad member like any other. He controls his future and he has said he has no intention of leaving and that’s very important for us. All he was saying yesterday was the typical cliché that you never know what might happen in the future.”

Speaking more generally about the turmoil surrounding the club, Busquets commented that “people usually only know what they are told by the press but I think everyone has now had a chance to speak. We just want to be united, to be as one, and for the fans to be behind us.”

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Interview with Jordi Alba 02.02.2015.

Jordi_Alba.v1422900826.jpg

"We are playing at a very high level right now. We’ve won eight games in a row and the team dynamic is good. It’s always hard to maintain such a high standard of play and results, but we’ll try”.

“We know there’s a long way to go in the league. There’s the whole second half still to go and we know it’ll be hard for us to be champions. But we’ll try to keep this good run going for as long as possible. Let’s hope we can stay in contention in all three competitions”.

“I hope to stay at Barça for a long time. I had a great first season, but I struggled with injuries last year. This year I am fitter than at any other time in my career. I’m feeling phenomenal”.

On Suarez

"He's a different player to the ones we’ve had in recent years. He battles for everything, he fights for the ball with every defender, he creates space for the forwards and plays for the team … I’m sure he’d like to have scored more goals, but they’ll come. He’s calm about it and the squad are supporting him. The important thing is what he does for the team.”

and Neymar

"He’s having a great season” he commented. “Last season was all about adaptation and this year he’s scoring goals and doing what everyone expected of him … Let’s hope his goalscoring form continues and that he keeps playing like this until the end of the season.”

Home of Barca Fans