I

instinct

Date: 13.09.2014

Post-match reactions

Match:
Barcelona vs Bilbao (2-0)

BxbUdQ7CIAAKnKk.jpg:large

_____

Neymar: "Very happy with my game, main thing is that I could help the team. I try to get better for that."

Neymar: "Munir? The youngsters are really ready to play, Munir is a crack. We should all keep on working hard."

Neymar: "Messi providing me with 2 assists? He is the best player in the world."

Neymar: “We are improving the connection with Messi and today we were able to have a great game.”

Valverde (coach Athletic): "It seems like games at the camp Nou never end..."

Valverde (coach Athletic): "Messi's quality is incredible. He pulls 3-4 players towards him, which leaves others free."

Luis Enrique: "Line-up? I've many options, it's like picking tomatos. Won't explain my choices here, rarely explain them to players either"

Luis Enrique: "Messi is not only the best player in the world for the goals he scores, but also for the assists he gives."

Luis Enrique: "Satisfied with both defense and attack. The attitude of the players was excellent."

Luis Enrique: "I see Messi training every day and he does things you can't even see in Captain Tsubasa (animation series) or on PlayStation"Luis Enrique: "Rakitic more on the wing? We have different options. I'm not that stupid that I will explain here the reason for my choices."

Luis Enrique: "We can play more on possession, wa can be more vertical. Sometimes we are too vertical, but that doesn't bother me too much."

Luis Enrique: "The tactical awareness of Busquets has surprised me. He knows what to do at every moment. Best in the world at his position."

______

quotes from barcastuff

I

instinct

Date: 15/09/2014
Player: Pedro Rodriguez

20140915_123544.jpg

_____

"I'm missing the goal, but I am calm, goals will come "

"Maybe Luis Enrique changed a little bit, but he basically is the same coach we had in the subsidiary"

"Messi is determinant because he is the best player of the world"

"Xavi is a living legend of the club. He is the captain"

''Our aim is to win the CL''

"We are working hard physically, that's maybe why we look strong"

"Apoel is a physical team. It will be difficult to beat them''

"We are motivated by the boys in the subsidiary, they are hungry and confident "

____

quotes from weloba.com

I

instinct

Date: 20.09.14
Luis Enrique

Bx-IkVkCIAAqJGY.jpg:large

_____

"No squad list day before? I'll do it like that this season, I want everyone focused. Those who don't enter will train here."

"Annoyed by Neymar being at party yesterday? Not at all. It's their private life. I like them to have a good time on day off."

"Crowd chanting my name? Won't affect me. My wife will make sure of that. When I come home, she puts me in my place."

''Vermaelen? He's better every day. He was injured a lot last season, will take some time to catch the rhythm. He'll help us."

"Luis Suarez works very hard in training, as if he will have to play tomorrow. He has already adapted."

"Luis Suarez is already important in the squad. Great signing now already - without playing. Imagine when he will play..."

''Picking players from the B-team ahead of first team players? They add much needed variety to the team.''

"We'll need everyone this season and so I have to manage accordingly"

"Playing away from home adds an extra level of difficulty, especially against a tough team.''

___

quotes from @FCBarcelona and @barcastuff

I

instinct

Date: 24.09.14
Luis Enrique

Luis-Enrique.jpg

"There are many cliches about goalkeepers in football. Like that one always has start to be confident. I'll do it my way."

"Bartra will have playing time, I'm delighted to have him. But only 18 players can be in the squad and only 11 can play."

"Luis Suarez will tomorrow play a friendly with the B-team. He wants to play, he wants to get match rhythm."

"Catalan Super Cup? That's more than a month away, I focus on next game. Players registered for Champions League will play."

"Rakitic and Neymar trained normally today, tomorrow they'll get the green light and they'll be available for the game."

"Casillas should play? There are so many things going on in the background, that I won't comment on that."

"There are things we can improve, especially in defense. We didn't concede yet, but we could have. We're working on that."

"Samper is a player who represents all football values."

"We encourage the players to shoot more from outside the area. It's an interesting option we can add to our game."

"Pique's attitude is great, he's optimistic, working hard. His hip problem has been solved, he's ready to help us."

"Busquets recovers a lot of balls, but it's team work, the players in front of him work hard and put a lot of pressure."

"I'm not worried about conceding our first goal. It's about winning. I'd sign to concede one goal every game and win the game"

"Messi is doing what we expect from him: be decisive. Since I arrived, he has been very involved in everything."

"I'm not worried about Mathieu's mistakes. He does more good things than bad things."

"I manage my teams with common sense, the less common of senses."

quotes from @barcastuff

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Date: 17.10.14
Luis Enrique - Press Conference before the Eibar game at Camp Nou

B0JbBpcCAAA5uZ1.jpg:large

Eibar: I am worried about the next game against Eibar. They have started well in the league. They're not just a team that's closed down. They won at Elche's stadium, they press high, counterattack well and have players who know how to work. The Camp Nou is different but we will surely see interesting things from Eibar.

Possible rotations: I take everything into account when I pick my teams. A few games are coming in a short space of time (Eibar, Ajax, Real Madrid) and I see some players have made big trips, I look at their physical state, if they have played more or less minutes.

On Messi's record: I won't let records be a distraction. The players are used to it and I see them train.

Pedro will start: Pedro has trained all the days that he had to and his level is 100 percent. Tomorrow he will start. I've said this because I'm the coach and I don't know where other news comes from. If you want I'll tell you the team. Ah! I can't because I haven't told them. Just Pedro...

Munir remains with Barca B: No changes in Munir's case, he's still registered with the youth team but has not played a single minute with them.

Rafinha's recovery: A blessed problem to have many players of this profile. There is good competition betwween them. I'm always worried (that you might prolong an injury), but I have confidence in the medics and the player is now good. Now he has to recover his fitness and get back in the squads and team.

The fitness of Suarez: I don't know if he's at 80, 90 or 100 percent but what is clear that he is not fat, as I said at the time and has been proven. We have not decided what will happen to Munir or Sandro when Suarez finally joins. It's true this year is difficult for them because they are up and down, but it is good for them to get experience.

Vermaelen fitness: Vermaelen is better but he nees to improve his physical condition. It's taken a long time but I'm sure that he will be able to help.

Pique's police issue: The incident with Guardia Urbana is up to him. I won't comment on it, it's a personal issue. He made a mistake, admitted it and apologised.

The Copa del Rey: It's interesting and an attractive spectacle. Maybe to be more spectacular you could be eliminated after one game (rather than the current two-legged system).

Quotes from http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/key-quotes-from-luis-enrique-ahead-barca-eibar-3611740

C'mon guys. Help out with updating this thread. Takes only a few minutes.

I

instinct

Thanks for updating.

I'm very very busy at the moment but in a few weeks I should be able to constantly update this thread. Until then it would be great if every user who has some time collects the press conferences here.

Cheers.

reDIOS10

Am i the only one that has noticed that Bravo has done a lot of press conference, even though he is new to the the team?

F

Flavia

10 key phrases from Luis Enrique ahead of Barça's match against Ajax

The Barcelona boss spoke about not taking Lionel Messi off, Luis Suarez and joked bout telling Carlo Ancelotti his Clasico plans

J.M Díaz | 20.10.2014 | 18:08h.

Luis Enrique analysed Barcelona's Champions League match with Ajax on Monday; here are 10 phrases which stood out from the press conference at Barça's training ground.

1. Key week for the team? "The sensations are good; in la Liga we have only drawn once, in the Champions League we lost one that we didn't deserve to lose... No, it's not a key week. Key will be April, May. It's an interesting week, not a key one."

2. How will the Ajax game go?
"Against Ajax we must play a complete game to make sure we don't let them do what they do best. They have a good structure and can attack, they're a difficult rival. The third game in this competition is important and home games are key for qualifying."

3. Could a bad result affect the Madrid game?
"For me, no. I have no doubts about my team, nor about the game at the Bernabeu which has nothing to do with the result of the Ajax game. We are used to playing every three or four days and the only important game we have in our heads is the one against Ajax. The players know the importance of this game and the need for three points."

4. Ajax's characteristics:
"They're good positionally, dominate the ball and have solutions across all the lines. Defensively they pressure well, they don't speculate and they can counter attack well. They made things difficult for us last year."

5. Relationship with their boss, Frank de Boer:
"I've not spoke with him. We have a good relationship because we both lived in Gava. Frank wants to play football and he doesn't simply judge things by winning."

6. Not taking Messi off against Eibar:
"I'm not going to go into this. Before we make a change - especially the third one - we must make sure if players are OK or if they have a slight problem and then we will take a decision based on what the team needs."

7. Mascherano the midfielder:
"He has the physique to help defensively and the capacity to help in our attacking play too. It's the same as Sergio Busquets. They are two top footballers. Sergi Samper has a profile more similar to Sergio, although he is much younger."

8. Luis Suarez:
"We already knew Luis Suarez the footballer. He is very intense in training and he places a lot of importance on working hard every day; every day he is better and we expect that he will help us a lot. His work so far has strengthened the opinion we had of him."

9. Is Busquets injured?
"Busi is available and we will see on Tuesday what we do. He could participate in the game. His absence against Eibar was a technical decision. The manager's decision."

10. Any clues for the Clasico?
"No, first I will tell Carlo Ancelotti and then he can tell me his plans (laughs). No, I can't say anything."

ANECDOTE: What would you not forgive your players for?
"Heartbreak (laughs). I'd forgive them for anything, everything. Everything apart from them killing you."

F

Flavia

A relaxed Brazilian
Neymar: "Ajax first, but whoever says they are not thinking of Madrid is lying"

Barcelona forward Neymar says he wants to continue his scoring streak with goals against Ajax and Real Madrid this week

Toni Juanmarti | 20.10.2014 | 18:15h.

Neymar spoke to the media ahead of Barcelona's clash with Ajax in the Champions League on Tuesday night.

Here are 10 things which came from the Brazilian's press conference:

1. His performances:
"I feel more at home, more useful and happier. The first year was about adaption."

2. Luis Suarez:
"He's a crack. We are going to do a lot of good things. How he has been in training has surprised me."

3. Controversy over his signing:
"It's a subject now in the past. We clarified everything that needed to be clarified and now me and my family are much more relaxed."

4. Connection with Messi:
"There hasn't been a particular reason for it. It's the manager, our understanding, our teammates. When everything comes together, good things happen."

5. Taken off instead of Messi:
"It doesn't annoy me being taken off before him. As a fan of Messi, I am always by his side. There are others who also work hard and also deserve a chance. And the manager is in charge. Of course I would always like to be on the pitch, but I understand he is the one who decides."

6. The Ajax game:
"They are a great team. They have good players all over the pitch."

7. The Clasico:
"First we have to win against Ajax. Whoever says they are not thinking of Real Madrid is lying, but the game against Ajax is very important."

8. Being top scorer:
"I hope to score on Tuesday and again in the Clasico."

9. Messi:
"Every day that passes he surprises me. He's the best player I have ever seen play. It makes me happy that he sees me as the No. 1 of the future."

10. Ambition:
"This year we are better than last season. Our objective is to fight for everything and that is what we are working towards."

F

Flavia

Post-match quotes(vs Ajax):

Messi: "Subbed off? If the coach makes a decision, that's fine, he's in charge. Main thing is the team."

Messi: "We're really looking forward to Luis joining us up front. He'll add a lot, he's an impressive player, a real goalscorer."

Messi: "Breaking record Zarra on Saturday? That's just a side issue, the objective is to win."

Luis Enrique: "I think Busquets will be able to play on Saturday, but we'll see..."

Luis Enrique: "I saw the 1-7 of Roma-Bayern on scoreboard and I thought it was broken. Bayern have a great team and the best coach."

Luis Enrique: "Pique to start against Madrid? He can play, start on the bench or he can be in the stands, like all. For me, he's doing well"

Luis Enrique: "There are always misinterpretations (from certain media) when there's a clasico coming up... What a coincidence, eh."

Ter Stegen: "Confident passing game? It's up to the people to decide, I try to do my best. I hope to keep on playing and making progress."

Ter Stegen: "I will also play the Spanish Cup, besides Champions League? Coach didn't say anything, I want to play as much as possible."

from barcastuff

F

Flavia

Lucho press conference 28/10/2014:

Here are 10 highlights from Luis Enrique's press conference, which was in theory supposed to serve as a preview for Wednesday's Catalan Super Cup against Espanyol.

1. Critics:
"I don't have the capacity to accept the critics so I don't listen to them or read them. We criticise internally, though, to help us improve. I accept the responsibility and I am the culpable one."

2. Did Messi need an injenction to play?
"That's a decision taken between the player and the doctor and it's not for me to say. I don't know if he needed an injection, but he was at 100 percent. My advice, as a former player and a manager, is not to do it, but if someone wants to that is a personal decision. But Messi is fine, he just has a minor knock after the Clasico."

3. Where's the renovation?
"Before I was criticised for not playing Xavi. After a defeat everyone is a critic and people would have been the same if I played younger players because they don't have experience."

4. Attitude problem?
"If I had detected one I would be worried, but it's not like that. We went with a bold side and had a chance to go 2-0 up."

5. Luis Suarez's debut:
"He was at a high level, didn't lose the ball and created chances - he gave a great assist to Leo for the 0-2 chance... He's only been here a few months and it's a long process, but he's more comfortable all the time. His absence in the Ballon d'Or? I don't make the list and won't discuss it."

6. Complicated moments after defeat?
"It's always disappointing to lose in the Bernabeu as a Cule, but I am still very motivated and we must continue insisting on what we've been doing."

7. The dressing room vibe:
"Of course there's a period of mourning after a defeat; they wouldn't be elite players if there wasn't. They are used to overcoming difficult situations, though."

8. Defensive fragility:
"It doesn't worry me. Against PSG and Madrid we were under our level. We made big errors and I'm sure there will be more bad moments. But in the Bernabeu we were true to our style, played the same way and we didn't hide."

9. Would you change the XI that played against Madrid? "After the game it's easy to say that. I wasn't expecting the game to be like it was; if you told me before then maybe I would have changed some players."

10. Catalan Super Cup:
"It's the perfect chance to forget our last game and an opportunity to rectify the situation. It will allow us to give minutes to players who need them and that will help the team."

Luis Enrique makes it clear who's boss after Jeremy Mathieu's "surprise"
French defender Mathieu said he was surprised to play left-back against Madrid and his boss has reacted strongly

The Asturian Luis Enrique Martinez showed plenty of character in his press conference previewing Wednesday's Catalan Super Cup.

He didn't like quotes from Jeremy Mathieu, who said that he was surprised to play as a left-back against Real Madrid in the Clasico defeat at the Bernabeu.
Luis Enrique was clearly annoyed by his comments.

"I prefer that the player says what he thinks to my face,"
Barça's boss said.
"I would understand him being surprised if I had put him as a striker, but Jeremy has played as a left-back for Valencia many times.

"Mathieu can play in the middle or on the left, if one of the two surprised him, that's done now, let's get on with it."
Elsewhere, Martin Montoya's future at the club had more doubt cast upon it.

The youngster is hardly playing this season and his manager admits he feels sorry for him.
"Actions speak louder than words," Luis Enrique began.

"I appreciate him, but his situation is delicate.. I always use those that I think can help [the team].
"I feel bad for him; he is behaving in an exemplary manner. I admire him and respect him, but he has to wait for his moment... if it comes."

Luis Enrique Martinez wanted to ease the pressure on two players who have been in the news for the wrong reasons since arriving at Barcelona: Thomas Vermaelen and Douglas.

While the Brazilian has played just 73 minutes since he signed in August, the Belgian has still not been able to make his Barça debut - he's been recovering from an injury he arrived at the club with in the summer.

On Tuesday, Barça's boss defended the pair in his press conference.

"It's a normal situation for a player who has spent a lot of time injured," Luis Enrique said about Vermaelen.

"He wasn't able to play much last season and after a year of problems he is recovering.

"At the moment he's doing some specific work on his own because the recovery has not gone as we initially expected."

Meanwhile, on Douglas, the Asturian is confused at the reputation his new right-back has already earned.

"I don't understand the bad feeling towards him," Luis Enrique continued.

"I don't understand it. He's a young player that has come from Brazil and needs time to adapt to his new surroundings."

All from http://www.sport-english.com

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
"I feel bad for him; he is behaving in an exemplary manner. I admire him and respect him, but he has to wait for his moment... if it comes."

Oops...

Home of Barca Fans