Who will win the scudetto this season?

• Total voters

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

Filippo-Inzaghi.jpg

BsMambfCYAEaVOb.jpg:large

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Italian Football Federation vice-chief Carlo Tavecchio, in his campaign speech for FIGC presidency, calls African players 'banana eaters.'

From The Guardian:

Carlo Tavecchio, the favourite to become the next Italian Football Federation (FIGC) president, has been caught up in a racism row after referring to African players as “banana eaters”.

The influx of foreign players into Italy has been a hot topic since the national team crashed out of the World Cup in the group stage and the 71-year-old Tavecchio suggested Italy should replicate England’s stringent requirements for non-EU players.

“In England, they identify the players coming in and, if they are professional, they are allowed to play,” Tavecchio said at the summer assembly of Italy’s amateur leagues (LND).

“Here instead we get Opti Pobà, who previously ate bananas and then suddenly becomes a first-team player with Lazio. That’s how it is here. In England, you need to demonstrate what you have on your CV and your pedigree.”
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hope this means Albertini, the other leading candidate, wins the election. He already has Juve, Roma, and AC Milan's backing. And Fiorentina have dropped their support for Tavecchio.

XaviMessiGirl

Actually, according to Galliani, Milan still support Tavecchio. So after basically spearheading the anti-racism campaign in Italy, they continue to support someone who publicly made a racist statement. Plus, they're basically telling one of their own former players in Albertini that he isn't good enough. What a bunch of idiots.

Fiorentina, Sampdoria, Sassuolo and Cesena all dropped their support though, hopefully that means they will join Juve and Roma in supporting Albertini. Lazio, Palermo, Genoa and Cagliari still support Tavecchio... most other clubs have remained silent.

XaviMessiGirl

I don't like Inter's calendar. Several tough matches at the end.

Yeah, but I think it's better for them to be at the end than the beginning. If they were at the beginning, there would be no chance to build momentum and perhaps get through at least a couple of them. So I think Milan have a tougher calendar than us at least.

Home of Barca Fans