How many goals will Suarez score in his 1'st season ?

How many goals will Suarez score in the new season ?

• Total voters

LeeRomeno

10-20, i dont get why people are so optimistic here. He will play second fiddle to Messi and score as much as Sanchez did last season, as long as our game is Messi oriented, there will be no other 20+ goalscorer in this team (unless you take Copa games into consideration vs weaker opposition). Only way Suarez would score 20+ is if he would score hattricks in copa games or Messi would be injured at some point of the season.

L

linetty

10-20, i dont get why people are so optimistic here. He will play second fiddle to Messi and score as much as Sanchez did last season, as long as our game is Messi oriented, there will be no other 20+ goalscorer in this team (unless you take Copa games into consideration vs weaker opposition). Only way Suarez would score 20+ is if he would score hattricks in copa games or Messi would be injured at some point of the season.
Sanchez scored 19 goals being glued to the sideline, Suarez will have a more free role and is definitely a miles better finisher.

It depends on many factors though but it's safe to say he'll score at least 20 goals in 3 competitions IMO

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!
From what I've seen, he's a pretty selfish player. He is not the type of player who will think twice about shooting when he gets in the box. When you take this and his accurate finishing into consideration, Suarez getting 20-30 goals in his debut season seems pretty realistic. He would get more, if his ban gets reduced.

LeeRomeno

Sanchez scored 19 goals being glued to the sideline, Suarez will have a more free role and is definitely a miles better finisher.

It depends on many factors though but it's safe to say he'll score at least 20 goals in 3 competitions IMO

Suarez will have more free role? Does that mean Messi will have more strict role then? I highly doubt that. Ever since Pep, Barcelona has been scoring on average around 100-110 goals per season, with 30-50% of them coming from Messi. Which leaves around 50-70 goals divided between all the other players. I am sure Neymar will improve next season, we will see goals from Rakitic and our wonderul subs Deulofeu, Rafinha, Pedro, we will also see goals from Suarez, but only way he will score over 20 is if he will really be given a free role, which means less Messi action or if Messi gets injured or then Suarez scores like 5 against some B level team in Copa Del Rey.

PaulFCB

Banned
When you pay this much for a striker, I agree with you, anything under 25 is a huge failure ( for La Liga especially ), I don't mean to be harsh, but whatever the game will look like, you can't pay so much for a striker and be happy with something under that.
We also got him in the form his life, his peak. Not like someone as Neymar, that we could be a bit patient to show us what he's got, even though a fingernail of better performance from him could've meant a CL or a league title ( or both ).

I would go for 30+, there's no time to lose, maybe just a bit too optimistic, but maybe it inspires him :lol:, last year I was firm that Neymar's transfer was exaggerated, like we would've signed Romario+Ronaldo+Ronaldinho 3 in 1 and all that, this time I just hope he helps to become Tri Campions :neymar:.

Last edited:

ebc_99

If Suarez gets the chances Sanchez and Pedro got last year he should hit 35 to 40 goals. But what's more important is how he helps us against the bus, that is where he will be needed.

F

Flavia

Where's that video with a lot of wasted assists from Messi? I hope Luiseato can convert those.

ViscaBarca914

BLASPHEMY!
Yup. I remember that video well.
How can anyone watch that and wonder why we sold Alexis and got a real number 9?

That video shows just how damn good Messi is and I have a feeling his assists stats are going to be ridiculous with Suarez on the end of those.

Suarez has that same fear/excitement factor depending on who you are rooting for :D. When he is on the ball around the box you're just waiting for something special to happen.

Home of Barca Fans