Marcos Rojo

PaulFCB

Banned
Born: Argentina, 1990 ; Age: 24
Current club: Sporting Clube de Portugal
Centre Back / Left Back

rojo7.jpg

Played in Argentina for Estudiantes La Plata, so under Sabella and moved to Europe in Russia where he played an year for Spartak Moscow.
Since 2012 in Lisbon playing for Sporting.

We were linked to him before the World Cup? Most of us couldn't trust such a move but after the World Cup I am starting to change my opinion. He is 1.89 in height so more a central defender but now playing Left Back, I guess he most probably could play defending midfielder too and he's dangerous at set pieces, also scored a goal against Nigeria and was the only Argentinian to make it in the "World Cup Best-11" using Castrol Index.

JamDav1982

I really liked his performance, could be a steal if we get him

Not for me, looks to clumsy on ball when put under any pressure.

Decent enough defensively but not great on ball from back or going foward.

Would be a worry if they look this far down the list of players available.

Kohe321

I'd love to have him as a backup for Alba. More defensive minded and a real fighter who gives his all, which we need. We need diversity.

zanela

I've seen how the catalan press operate, and familiar with the fickle nature of most blaugrana folks. If messi isn't spared, there isn't much chance for his lesser compatriots. Rojo is part of ARG's future, and he's dear to us albiceleste fans irrespective of the differing opinions. I'd rather he develop in a footballing environment more conducive to his development.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Rojo is great at defending, great at passing, he's tall, fast and left-footed. He is also young, so there's a lot of time for him to develop. I rate him much higher than Marcos, tbh.

Wouterinho

I think he has great potential as a CB, a lot less as a LB. If we can get him for a decent price, I wouldn't mind him.

F

Flavia

Not for me, looks to clumsy on ball when put under any pressure.

Decent enough defensively but not great on ball from back or going foward.

Would be a worry if they look this far down the list of players available.

Who would you prefer, rojo or vertonghen?

Home of Barca Fans