Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 378

Thread: Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

  1. #31
    voodoomaster
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by linetty View Post
    Di Maria is not going to play, 100%
    Source?

  2. #32
    Senior Member
    poldep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    645
    Quote Originally Posted by iamrohith View Post
    Di Maria should come on as a substitute, even if he is not 100% fit. He will make a great impact in later stages of the match with Germany tired like hell. Enzo Perez is playing nice, he should start.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I think that even if Di Maria is not 100% fit, he should play! Argentina need him, after the final he can take all the rest he wants. This is such an important match that you have to take risks.

  3. #33
    Killahead
    Razor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    6,675
    Argentina should not waste one precious sub just because they are desperate to play Di Maria. No need to go emotional over playing someone who isn't 100% ready to play a tense difficult match. And I'm sure Sabella won't risk that.
    There is a beast in man that should be exercised, not exorcised!

  4. #34
    Senior Member
    poldep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    645
    Angel Di Maria : "I'll kill myself to recover. Because if we go to the end I want to be there. The boys need me.. "

  5. #35
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,500
    Quote Originally Posted by poldep View Post
    Angel Di Maria : "I'll kill myself to recover. Because if we go to the end I want to be there. The boys need me.. "



    Yes, god is calling for his angel to fight against the evil. I hope he leaves Real, they don't deserve him. He is not given proper credit, he was their top player in second half of the season but Real wants to replace him with Kroos We should have signed him instead of Suarez but Real will never sell him to us.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Jägermeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    at home
    Posts
    1,163
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post

    1. Argentina defense performed admirably throughout the entire tournament. The organization is rock solid and nice too watch as well, if you're into that sorta thing. If there was no quick play by Holland, it's because it was suffocated on the spot.

    2. The quick and direct play of Germany met a defensive organization in Brazil that resembled headless chickens, the shape of their defensive formation was abysmal. Drawing conclusions from that match is about as valid as drawing conclusions from the Portugal match.
    That's why I did not say it is going to be like this or that for sure.
    I said "the question will be..." .Therefore I led it open for one side or the other. I did not intend to say that the argentinian defense will break apart or something like that (if it sounded like it, than I'm sorry for expressing it not clearly enough).

  7. #37
    Senior Member
    DennyCrane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Packin a mac in the back of the Ac
    Posts
    902
    Quote Originally Posted by Jägermeister View Post
    That's why I did not say it is going to be like this or that for sure.
    I said "the question will be..." .Therefore I led it open for one side or the other. I did not intend to say that the argentinian defense will break apart or something like that (if it sounded like it, than I'm sorry for expressing it not clearly enough).
    Nothing to be sorry about mate :beer2:

    My sole point is that this Argentina side and el Mago are severely underrated still despite making it to the final, mostly because of their focus on defensive shape which at times makes it seem as if they flat out refuse to entertain. Unless they suffer a complete mental breakdown like Brazil which is highly unlikely, they can take on any team in the world, Jogis boys included. This will be a tough match.
    Last edited by DennyCrane; 10th July 2014 at 12:14 PM.
    Alexis Defense League

  8. #38
    Wild Man of Borneo
    DonAndres's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    6,585
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    rock solid and nice too watch as well, if you're into that sorta thing.
    Call me immature but, on purpose or no?
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

  9. #39
    Ryu Hayabusa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iamrohith View Post
    Di Maria should come on as a substitute, even if he is not 100% fit. He will make a great impact in later stages of the match with Germany tired like hell. Enzo Perez is playing nice, he should start.

    Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk
    I don't know how you get the idea that they will be "tired as hell". If anything the previous matches, except maybe the one against France, indicated that Germany has the squad in the tournament with the highest fitness. Not to mention the fact that they played only 45 minutes with high intensity, while Argentina had to play 120 minutes with high intensity and also have one day less to regenerate.
    Your remark seems a little to dramatic and enthusiastic.

  10. #40
    Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
    Jesse1509's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    565
    I expect this to be a tough one for Germany, since they thrive on space and Argentina won't concede any. But Germany should be able to win this.

    Germany would arguably have been a better opponent for us than Argentina yesterday. Germany plays a high line, and our best match came against such a team (Spain). Argentina is very disciplined defensively. They haven't conceded since the unimportant Nigeria game, and some people seem to forget that. Argentina winning it on Brazilian soil would be the cruelest thing for Brazil.

    I will be watching as a neutral. Good luck to both teams!

  11. #41
    Lifestealer
    Icarium's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    6,500
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Hayabusa View Post
    I don't know how you get the idea that they will be "tired as hell". If anything the previous matches, except maybe the one against France, indicated that Germany has the squad in the tournament with the highest fitness. Not to mention the fact that they played only 45 minutes with high intensity, while Argentina had to play 120 minutes with high intensity and also have one day less to regenerate.

    Your remark seems a little to dramatic and enthusiastic.

    I expect the match to be more intense than yesterdays match, everyone will get tired both Argentina and Germany. Argentina may get tired more but that does not stop Germany getting tired. Lavezzi, enzo Perez and messi will try their best to do that. And a player like di Maria helping in Argentina offense will help a lot. And I can also say that Germany are less prepared for this match, they did not have much fight from brazil. Obviously Germans have the edge but it is not as much as you state it. I don't know how your arguments suggest that Di Maria will not have any impact. I might have exaggerated the tired as hell part but bringing Di Maria as a sub is the best move if he is not 100% and maybe if he is 100% also, he will do better against tired legs. I would sub him for lavezzi who would have run out of steam after some 60 or 70 minutes.

  12. #42
    Senior Member
    Alik's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Barcelona
    Posts
    5,574
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Call me immature but, on purpose or no?
    You're immature

  13. #43
    Ryu Hayabusa
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by iamrohith View Post
    I expect the match to be more intense than yesterdays match, everyone will get tired both Argentina and Germany. Argentina may get tired more but that does not stop Germany getting tired. Lavezzi, enzo Perez and messi will try their best to do that. And a player like di Maria helping in Argentina offense will help a lot. And I can also say that Germany are less prepared for this match, they did not have much fight from brazil. Obviously Germans have the edge but it is not as much as you state it. I don't know how your arguments suggest that Di Maria will not have any impact. I might have exaggerated the tired as hell part but bringing Di Maria as a sub is the best move if he is not 100% and maybe if he is 100% also, he will do better against tired legs. I would sub him for lavezzi who would have run out of steam after some 60 or 70 minutes.
    Neither did I refer to Di Maria, nor did I suggest that Germany have a huge edge.
    I merely refuted your statement that Germany will be "tired as hell" at some point in the 90 minutes on Sunday. There is just no evidence to support such a claim.

  14. #44
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    3,153
    Yeah I think this will be a very tight match, hopefully Germany doesnt score early on though, that will give them huge confidence and you dont wanna play a germany that knows what its doing.

    This is the match where Leo has to really transcend

  15. #45
    Member
    DB10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    367
    Messi can win the next World Cup, it's time this generation of German players crown their talent with the ultimate prize.