Final: Germany - Argentina 1-0(ET) - Germany are WC Champions for the 4th time

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Estadio do Maracana - Rio De Janeiro (BRA)
13 Jul 2014 - 16:00 Local time (20h BST, 21h CEST)

ger.png
Germany - Argentina
arg.png

Head-to-Head

Total Matches Played: 20

GER: 6 wins

Draws: 5

ARG: 9 wins

Total Goals scored: 56
GER: 28
ARG: 28

The final. The same as in 1986 and 1990. One win for each NT.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think Germany will take it. Argentina looked tired and had to play 120 mins. Germans have extra day of rest and didn't really break a sweat vs. Brazil.

I

instinct

I try to speak for my German fellas. I read many many comments about yesterday's match and the final vs Argentina and I have to agree with most of you. Germans are arrogant as fuck. They are talking about burying Argentina and that Messi won't do anything vs us.

This is the chance, Argentina has though I don't believe that the team thinks the same way as the rest of the Germans but it's a chance. It's only human that the players feel very confident after beating the host with 7-1 and we'll play this way. Confident and attacking. Messi won't have an easy time but he will get his spaces, 100%.

Boateng is ''Lord Choke''. He makes various brainfarts and this could cost us the title in the end, especially if Hummels won't get fit until Sunday.

I hope that we'll win the trophy but Messi lifting it would be great as well. It only can end great for me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Hummels is not fully fit?

I hope you start with Mertesacker and Boateng then. :D

I

instinct

Hummels is not fully fit?

I hope you start with Mertesacker and Boateng then. :D

He has some discomfort but Bierhoff said that they are confident that he'll be ready for Sunday. Germany have the best sport-doctor in the world. They are able to fix anything.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Still don't like Löw. :p
So would not be too happy if Germany wins it. Want to see Leo lift the trophy.
:tata1:
He has some discomfort but Bierhoff said that they are confident that he'll be ready for Sunday. Germany have the best sport-doctor in the world. They are able to fix anything.
Lets hope Low does his usual stupid stuff at this stage and drops him then.

Zuess99

Germany will definitely win , I read from a 4chan thread that," germany wount even need lube ". I guess argentina have scrapped enough wins. I still feel bad for messi though cause he will be blamed for the loss.
Germany apart from being better , they would also want to win it more as they have been so close for the past decade.

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Germany will definitely win , I read from a 4chan thread that," germany wount even need lube ". I guess argentina have scrapped enough wins. I still feel bad for messi though cause he will be blamed for the loss.
Germany apart from being better , they would also want to win it more as they have been so close for the past decade.

nah. I can see Germany as favorites, but it's not going to be a "for certain win".

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
Boateng and Khedira are the best players in their position, shouldn't have any trouble handling Messi, 7-0 Germany

Jadentheman

God I hate the German overrate that many people are doing.

Can only hope Messi finds his form and shows people that a once in lifetime player like he is can defeat the systematic machine Germans have created. Then I want them to over analyze where they went wrong doing so.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I try to speak for my German fellas. I read many many comments about yesterday's match and the final vs Argentina and I have to agree with most of you. Germans are arrogant as fuck. They are talking about burying Argentina and that Messi won't do anything vs us.

This is the chance, Argentina has though I don't believe that the team thinks the same way as the rest of the Germans but it's a chance. It's only human that the players feel very confident after beating the host with 7-1 and we'll play this way. Confident and attacking. Messi won't have an easy time but he will get his spaces, 100%.

Boateng is ''Lord Choke''. He makes various brainfarts and this could cost us the title in the end, especially if Hummels won't get fit until Sunday.

I hope that we'll win the trophy but Messi lifting it would be great as well. It only can end great for me.

Not just the German fans, but foreign fans of Germany, equally arrogant, guaranteeing an easy win over Argentina. ;)

I only hope Loew and his players are consumed by euphoria after beating Brazil yesterday and overconfidence over Argentina.

Argentina will be the underdogs who nobody thinks will win. I like that.

By the way, since Germany is the home team, Argentina will be wearing the blue away jersey. Not happy about that.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
What I fear the most is that Loew will take a page from LvG's playbook in terms of NDJ shadowing Messi all game long, and Sabella and Messi not having a plan to react to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans