The Preacher
HLEB_copia.jpg

Name: Alexander Hleb
Position: midfielder
Place of birth: Minsk (Belarus)
Date: 01-05-1981
Height: 185 cm
Weight: 74 kg

Born in Minsk (Belarus) on May 1, 1981, Alexander Hleb joined Barcelona on July 16, 2008. Signed from Premiership outfit Arsenal, where he played for three seasons, he was named the best player in his country in 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 consecutively.

Alexander Hleb started out at FC Bate Borisov but at the tender age of 19, in the 2000/01 season he was off to the Bundesliga. It was there he started making himself known on the European stage with five seasons at Stuttgart from 2000/01 to 2004/05.

The Belarusian made an even bigger step forward in 2005 when he was picked up by London side Arsenal. He soon became a regular part of manager Arsène Wenger’s plans, as the Gunners qualified for a Champions League final losing to FC Barcelona in Paris), and it was there he spent two seasons alongside Thierry Henry, who he rejoins at FC Barcelona.
(fcbarcelona.com)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Alexander Paulavic Hleb

I was very critical when we signed him. Unfortunately, so far, I was right. He`s like a headless chicken, losing way too much possession. God help us if he`s the one to replace Iniesta

M.L. King

The Preacher
Re: Alexander Paulavic Hleb

He is way to slow to play on the flank; we should use Bojan for this. Hleb can play in the midfield. He can pass the ball well and dribble past two or three players. This is what we need from him, to make an additional player for us. He was doing this very well in Arsenal with Fabregas and why not in Barca with Xavi.

B

Bardh

Re: 21 - Alexander Paulavic Hleb

He understands the midfield philosophy. He came from Arsenal where they play similar attractive football, so it was kind of easier for him. A very useful sub to keep. Versatile too.

M.L. King

The Preacher

He showed some skills in the midfield in the last match. But still I agree with you Bardh, he should be playing in the midfield where he is accustomed to build up the game and unburden other players.

M.L. King

The Preacher

Tonight he reminded me of the Ronaldinho from previous two years. A lot of useless dribbling, maybe a pass or two that saw a passage to our strikers. Nothing special overall. He is still adapting but I'm wondering when he will begin paying off his market value.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

I don`t like this guy at all, never have, never will. He keeps the ball too much

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Absolutely the worst signing this year. What is Pep supposed to do with him? Iniesta shoes are big to fill I know, but this guy comes a whole foot short. Just play Victor Sanchez or whoever. Sell im back to Belarus FFS.

FCBNOF

Momo un Bello Uomo

Have patience, maybe he'll improve on the right or the center.

Home of Barca Fans