Alexander Hleb

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Re: 21 - Alexander Paulavic Hleb

Sporting game was an improvement. He still holds a ball a bit too much.
But overall - I`m pleased with his performance.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

Made that assist for our 3rd goal...
Wonder if he`ll start vs. Valencia now that Eto is suspended

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

What do we do with Hleb? He´s way to expensive to keep him as a backup.

IraqiCulé

Why are we still interested in more Arsenal players?

But of course, the rumour is started from English media...

T

TinaFCB

Hleb? Sell! We need space for Fabregas or Silva!

Evil

Shabazz

Got through Atletico´s defense a few times, made some good passes but Bojan wasted. Overall not a world class performance, he doesn´t have the quality for a winger, I would like to see him play in midfield before I fully judge him.

maz

I walk the line

YEa!! Lets buy a player that really impressed in one of the best leagues in the world, and if after 5 months he doesnt hit the heights that players like messi and iniesta have set then lets sell him. In fact 5 months is even too long. We should have condemned him after his performance in the friendly in scotland during pre season. Paid off his contract and released him. If we learnt ANYTHING from thierry henry's situation its that if players dont impress soon after changing leagues then they will never do anything worth while. Henry has overstayed his welcome and hleb is close to doing the same.

/sarcasm

Come on guys give hleb a break. Guardiola will be able to adapt him to suit a position the same way it has taken henry 1 season to adapt. He was brilliant at arsenal, and thats saying alot when u consider how technical their side was at the time. He is played vastly out of position and it really affects his play. He plays practically by the right corner flag. Iniesta played out there in past seasons and didnt do much either. Its dam hard for a right footed playmaker to play on the right wing. And not even the right wing, but as a right forward since we play 4-3-3 not 4-4-2.. Name the last playmaker whose position meant they came inside on their weaker foot yet they still performed great passes..

Evil

Shabazz

lol, you really make me laugh sometimes maz :lol:

But seriously, what do you guys think of Hleb playing in midfield ? he's not even quarter his best on the wing, his passing and vision are probably his best assest, so I believe if we play him as a midfielder behind the strikers he would do a better job. His shooting is pure crap, so playing him near the goal is no better than having him on the bench .. Let him be the playmaker !!

EDIT: thinking of it, we'd probably have to bench Xavi if Hleb was to be the playmaker .. because a midfield with both of them would be a bit risky .. Anyways, he didn't get that chance against Atletico when Xavi was benched, so I doubt he'll get it in the future.

T

TinaFCB

I think you are right! Where do we put Hleb?? He is not good on the wing and there is no place in midfield... Feel sorry for him...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He doesn`t play much, thats true. But he didn`t show anything special in any of those matches he played in. Except maybe for that pass for Messi in El Clasico.

M.L. King

The Preacher
Hleb is an overrated prick... I dunno why signed him in the first place... his pace is slow and he clearly slows the tempo down. He cannot dribble, maybe he did in Arsenal but I haven't seen just anything from him so far. JUST SELL HIM.

Home of Barca Fans