Alexander Hleb

maz

I walk the line
I think it is hard to find a place for him in the side since its obvious he thrives playing in the centre of midfield, but with pep's tactics he only gets a game there every few months because he doesnt have a high work rate when it comes to defending, and there is really one position for such a player in midfield, and its usually given to xavi or iniesta.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I`m really starting to hate this game. I wanna hear him complain again about his lack of playing time :evil:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't know how much more time Guardiola will give Hleb? He played really bad today against Betis.
He have the rest of the season to show why he should stay in Barca. But if he keeps playing at the level he is at now, they really should sell him.

maz

I walk the line
Its obvious there is no place for him.

Although i wouldnt say he was the worst signing. Its just that he doesnt figure in pep's plans.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I dont think he will be hard to sell. He is a really good player, maybe not 'Barca'-good. Either we keep him as a backup player (really expensive backup player though) for Iniesta and Messi or we sell him to Tottenham, Man C, Fiorentina, Roma, Bayern?
But still, the level he's at right now he doesn't even make a good backup player.

maz

I walk the line
No in my opinion he DOES make a good backup player IF played in the right position. However its clear pep wont play him there (i mean can u really blame him given the central midfielders we have?) so in that sense yes i agree he should probably move on.

By the way, welcome. Introduce yourself in the New Members forum!

Last edited:

FCB-Michael

Mack the Knife
Video almost fooled me. Most of his actions and dribblings are completely useless as he wins little or no space/field at all. Or just passes the ball back.

Still, I want to be fair and say that he had some nice moves, but hardly worth 18 million pricetag.

mmandela

Sueco estrella
Still, we all know he was good in Arsenal, so he should be given one more season to prove his value

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
maz keeps pointing out that he´s played out of position and I agree.
But since there isn´t place in central midfield and he obviously doesn´t know how to play on the wing, whats the use of keeping him?

Home of Barca Fans