Alexander Hleb

Evil

Shabazz
His dribbling is alright to me, he was pretty decent against Espanyol. Only pisses me off when he dribbles all the way, goes 1 on 1 with the keeper and then does a stupid back pass or something. It wouldn't kill him if he started taking more shots on goal.

Last edited:

roll

Tryin` to be hated
He is too expensive for a backup, but we should wait the end of this season and the start of next season, to see if he is going to adapt properly. He`s got talent and his dribbling is great, but he keeps the ball too much.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Exactly. Agreed with both of you. He just keeps the ball too much and in doing so cramps our free flowing football and slows us down.

maz

I walk the line
He doesn`t play much, thats true. But he didn`t show anything special in any of those matches he played in. Except maybe for that pass for Messi in El Clasico.
The pass to messi against sevilla? Easily the best pass ive seen all season. And he'd only been on the pitch for 10 mins or so.

Ok so thats 2 things he's done..but consider that those are 2 of the only times he has been ALLOWED to do stuff down the middle. Every other time he has been out on the right. Im not going into why he cant play there again. He has shown potential. Like i say, dont forget this is a new league to him. It takes players a season to fit in (besides a few anonomalies like rvn).

M.L. King

The Preacher
The best pass is with no doubt the one from Yaya to Henry against Valencia. :smile:

Yes Hleb has qualities but I haven't really seen any of it... let's give this guy two years to adapt. I agree with you we have to give him some time and he is a very good player, but the big mistake I'm ranting about is why we bought this player when we had so many other options on the market to choose from.

Last edited:

Evil

Shabazz
The best pass is with no doubt the one from Yaya to Henry against Valencia. :smile:

Yes Hleb has qualities but I haven't really seen any of it... let's give this guy two years to adapt. I agree with you we have to give him some time and he is a very good player, but the big mistake I'm ranting about is why we bought this player when we had so many other options on the market to choose from.

Like Hernanes or Thiago Silva for Eg.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Hleb had an interview today for Sport and admitted he wasn`t happy with his performances.

maz

I walk the line
I agree MLK...

I was happy when we signed hleb because i thought he could play on the left (rotate with henry) and play iniesta in the middle midfield. I didnt know that pep had plans to make xavi the focal point of the midfield and iniesta/henry would be played prominently on the left with hleb only featuring on the right to replace messi. Its clear that if his role continues to be there then he will not fit in the team. Its a shame because in my opinion he is one of the best playmakers in the world. His only downfall is he cannot shoot. But like i said in the summer why does that matter when we have messi eto'o and henry in the team.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree MLK...

I was happy when we signed hleb because i thought he could play on the left (rotate with henry) and play iniesta in the middle midfield. I didnt know that pep had plans to make xavi the focal point of the midfield and iniesta/henry would be played prominently on the left with hleb only featuring on the right to replace messi. Its clear that if his role continues to be there then he will not fit in the team. Its a shame because in my opinion he is one of the best playmakers in the world. His only downfall is he cannot shoot. But like i said in the summer why does that matter when we have messi eto'o and henry in the team.

It`s bye-bye Hleb as far as I`m concerned. Pedro and Sanchez showed way more and costed us 0

Evil

Shabazz
Couldn´t agree more, he had no clue out there today. Completley lost and didn´t get involved anything. Dived a few times .. but that´s about it.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Started so well vs. Mallorca. Crowd obviously loved his passes but eventually dipped to his usual level

kiki#8

I have faith in him, and I think you should too have faith in him. Fantastic player, and i hope he will stay lot years in Barca, lot successful years! ;):p

Home of Barca Fans