Alexander Hleb

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I don't think so. Anyway. He suck. Sell him.

Just had a quick check, he was out for three weeks in mid September. Still think he deserves another year to justify his price tag though unless he's used in a trade for someone we really want.

S

steaua86

Out of curiosity: where would an "improved" Gleb start ? Is he taking Iniesta's spot ? He's not getting in the starting 11 if everyone's healthy.

Zqa-

Exactly. He can only be a sub. And tbh, he doesn't bring anything to our game. He can't shoot, he can't score, he just dribbles around himself and then play the ball backwards.

Galning

Exactly. He can only be a sub. And tbh, he doesn't bring anything to our game. He can't shoot, he can't score, he just dribbles around himself and then play the ball backwards.

Hehe, that's true. Although I don't want to sell him.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Bumb-pety bump bump bump...

Just read that he may stay at Barca next year.

I predict this may be a blessing in disguise - Especially if we don't sign a winger. We know that he can be a good player and it's been tough on him so far at the club. Confidence is the key, as it is for every player, so lets hope he is able to offer more next season.

PTC!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He better! Although considering we`re not going to buy another right winger I expect him to cover for Messi. And he did suck playing there, more than in CM (if thats possible).

JackSparrow

I think one of the two (Hleb , Guddy) should leave.. I think I'd give Hleb one more year to prove himself. He is not a starter but maybe he could become a good 'joker' for our team. And he can be used either as winger or midfield.
but if his next season is the same as this year... bye baby bye :)

gimmick

We know that he can be a good player and it's been tough on him so far at the club. Confidence is the key, as it is for every player, so lets hope he is able to offer more next season.

Do we? He hardly set the world alight at Arsenal either (3 goals in 2 seasons or soemthing crazy like that) and was an awful buy for Barcelona. I am pretty sure he did not even assist an assist this season. He is clearly out of his depth. He might do okay with the likes of Racing or Depor, but not a top club.

I would love if he proved me wrong, but having seen him for both Arsenal and Barca, I would be shocked if he does.

JALJM

Well, he never scored a lot of goals at Arsenal, but he did set up lots of chances. Considering his game is all about passing and movement, it may take him a while to settle with a new squad. He was criticized when he first went to Arsenal as well.
I think he can rebound, but I wouldn't be upset at all if we sell him...

aRegularAce

I am pretty sure he did not even assist an assist this season.

He is clearly out of his depth.

you're wrong, he had a couple of assist; he had an assist against valencia(henry's goal), and against sevilla(messi's goal) ... maybe more, but those were of the top of my head

But i agree with you that he's out of his depth, he seems off pace with his teammates and hasn't gel with his teammates yet..

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
Do we? He hardly set the world alight at Arsenal either (3 goals in 2 seasons or soemthing crazy like that) and was an awful buy for Barcelona. I am pretty sure he did not even assist an assist this season. He is clearly out of his depth. He might do okay with the likes of Racing or Depor, but not a top club.

I would love if he proved me wrong, but having seen him for both Arsenal and Barca, I would be shocked if he does.

Hleb to Henry, Henry to Messi, Barca 2- Madrid 0

Home of Barca Fans