QF: Netherlands - Costa Rica 0-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

When krul saved that last ball, he also beat Argentina. Germany vs netherlands in the final. Lets pray for football, lets play for some decency, lets pray for germany. Netherlands is the worst, most despicable team in this tournament. Just cant stand their arrogant attitude. They have had so many fantastic players, bergkamp, gullit, rijkaard, van basten - and now this....Its just wretched. Worst day in wc so far.

:lol: They played some great combination football today, and excellent possession football. Enjoyed watching them try to find an opening in the Great White Wall and beat Navas to boot.

Netherlands may be pragmatic, but this is a skilled side that works well as a team. Possession when called for, counterattack when called for, and everyone works for each other and knows what where to be.

V

voodoomaster

:lol: They played some great combination football today, and excellent possession football. Enjoyed watching them try to find an opening in the Great White Wall and beat Navas to boot.

Netherlands may be pragmatic, but this is a skilled side that works well as a team. Possession when called for, counterattack when called for, and everyone works for each other and knows what where to be.

Yeah brilliant combinations, especially kuyt and robben, just magic...
A skilled side you say? In reality they have ONE world class player: robben. Sneijder plays for galatasaray, turkish league is like the sixth best in europe. He isnt half the player he was in 2010. Van persie? Some solid moments, today he was garbage really, should have scored 4. Its cynicism, organization, and a diving robben. Cruyff is totally right: This team is shit - them winning wc is like greece in 2004.

serghei

Wow, Argentina will have their first real test this WC in the semifinal. The thought that they could have faced Costa f..king Rica in the semis is baffling. Talk about a dream draw...

Babylonian

Thank you for shutting that nutter up..

Catalan Fan

It would of been a travesty if Costa Rica won that game.Yes they did very well to reach Q/F's but c'mon....

Holland were by far the better team, end of.

coura

Banned
It would of been a travesty if Costa Rica won that game.Yes they did very well to reach Q/F's but c'mon....

As a barcelona fan i´m used to travesties such Inter and Chelsea. And they did happen. lol

F

Flavia

The match was attack vs defense. At some points I had a deja vù of some Barça matches. Holland could've had a goal fest, if not for Keylor.

FC B

The match was attack vs defense. At some points I had a deja vù of some Barça matches. Holland could've had a goal fest, if not for Keylor.

Agreed.

The better team went through. I'm afraid for Messi in the semi's :)
Costa Rica is the biggest positive surprise of the tournament.

Last edited:

Gilberto

Words cannot describe my feelings at the moment... At times, I thought I would be getting a heart-attack...
We should've already won much earlier but oh well...
BRING ON THEM ARGENTINES (they don't have any great players, their only decent player is a little man that occasionally makes some good dribbles :pep:)

clareynet

Might feel a bit different if the odds on a penalty weren't so stacked in the taker's favour. As it is a keeper with a few tricks just makes it interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans