QF: Argentina - Belgium 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

05 Jul 2014 - 13:00 Local time (17h BST, 18h CEST)

arg.png
Argentina - Belgium
bel.png

Head-to-Head

Total Matches Played: 4

ARG: 3 wins

Draws: 0

BEL: 1 win

Total Goals scored: 14
ARG: 10
BEL: 4

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Best thing would be Messi kind of repeating Maradona's performance in 1986. 2:0, scoring both goals and the 2nd one after a beautiful solo.

dakt

Belgium is fast. I don't want to be pessimistic about Argentina, but I am. They don't have Howard on the goal.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Belgium is fast. I don't want to be pessimistic about Argentina, but I am. They don't have Howard on the goal.

USA didn't have Messi either.

Argentina wins this one, 3-1

Don't think it would be that easy. Beside Belgium, Argentina is facing their QF hoodoo which has been hunting them for over 2 decades. It will be a hard fought win if Argies manage to do it.

N11JELKA

Come on Belgium, let's hope we win. What happend to Lukaku and Hazard, both disappointing this WC

L

linetty

Well Belgium looked much better vs USA and Argies looked as poor as before.

Argies have Messi though. He might be the decisive factor, once again. Especially if they don't mark him tight.

N11JELKA

Still Belgium is a bit poor, the game is slow, they hardly move from their positions, too structured.
Hoping for a miracle to beat Argentina

King Leo

Banned
I'm not feeling good about this game. Argentina (the team) has been disappointing since the start and if it wasn't for Messi not sure where things would have ended. I think it's too late for Argentina to step up their game. That was my wish since the Bosnia encounter. While Aguero is warming up to return I doubt he will light up the stage. He's been rushed back in because chubby Higuain is taking naps. Gago has been awful but since Banega was dropped from the squad I don't know who will take on midfield.

Messi to shine
Mascherano to boss the game like he always does
Di Maria will go flat if we go overtime
Aguero to sub Levezzi
Higuain to continue napping

Piqué

Well Belgium looked much better vs USA and Argies looked as poor as before.

Argies have Messi though. He might be the decisive factor, once again. Especially if they don't mark him tight.
Belgium has Courtois who has yet to lose a game playing for Belgium (17 wins, 5 draws). :)

Normally Argentina will win. But if Belgium plays up to its standards, it will be a great game.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Belgium has Courtois who has yet to lose a game playing for Belgium (17 wins, 5 draws). :)

Normally Argentina will win. But if Belgium plays up to its standards, it will be a great game.

In before Courtois gets the flu and Mignolet plays in goal.

V

voodoomaster

Still Belgium is a bit poor, the game is slow, they hardly move from their positions, too structured.
Hoping for a miracle to beat Argentina

What? Miracle? Belgium is the favorite - by far. Only Genius Leo can save Argentina. And it just seems to unlikely that one player can win 5 matches in a row - all on his own. What Messi does is far better than Maradona in 86 - diego had a brilliant team and the best defense in the tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans