Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 139

Thread: QF: Argentina - Belgium 1-0

  1. #16
    You're not even a real journalism
    Ode to Django's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Disney land
    Posts
    6,762
    Quote Originally Posted by voodoomaster View Post
    What? Miracle? Belgium is the favorite - by far. Only Genius Leo can save Argentina. And it just seems to unlikely that one player can win 5 matches in a row - all on his own. What Messi does is far better than Maradona in 86 - diego had a brilliant team and the best defense in the tournament.
    what is this

  2. #17
    voodoomaster
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    what is this
    Its easy. I claim that Belgium is the favorite based on the usa match and the quality of their players. Argentina hasnt delivered once, only Messi has - so its simple, Argentina depends on messi magic. And how much can you really demand?

  3. #18
    Buccaneer
    Clockwise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,588
    If I remember correctly according to FIFA stats Belgium has had the most efficient attack in the tourney so far...
    -Cave Johnson. we're done here.

    Remember that one time that Christopher Nolan decided to make movies? That was the best day ever.

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    FC B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,736
    Belgium looked better to me than Argies so far. I guess they are the favs. Argies has a single chance to knock them out, Messi.

  5. #20
    beautifulgame
    Guest
    Belgium is better than Argentina?!

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    FC B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    2,736
    We'll have to wait and see if they are better but as I stated before they looked better to me than the Argies.
    Argentina has got a so so defense, a shaky Romero and in front only Messi and Di Maria showed good. I expected more from their play and also from the likes of Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi.

    I'm not comparing the history of those two NT though, just my view for what they played so far at this WC.

    If I had to bet I'd go with Belgium.

  7. #22
    Best midfielder around

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    6,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Ode to Django View Post
    what is this
    What's the point of your joke this time? No one is getting it again...

  8. #23
    Junior Member
    N11JELKA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    112
    Sorry, but belgium is not that strong, I do support Belgium (I am from belgium). We have a strong defence, and a great goalkeeper, but have you seen them playing, way to slow, I don't realy believe they can stop messi or di maria.

    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwise View Post
    If I remember correctly according to FIFA stats Belgium has had the most efficient attack in the tourney so far...
    ??? seriously, Fifa sees what I clearly don't see, lukaku-hazard, nothing but trouble this worldcup, every game played, it were the subs who saved us from losing. And courtouis doing a great job.
    I don't see belgium get passed argentina. let's pray for them.

  9. #24
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    11,329
    Saw a rumor linked from an Argentina media site that they have been training 4-4-2 for this game.

    Basanta in for Rojo at LB.
    Perez in for Gago in CM.
    Palacio in for Higuain.

  10. #25
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JamDav1982 View Post
    Saw a rumor linked from an Argentina media site that they have been training 4-4-2 for this game.

    Basanta in for Rojo at LB.
    Perez in for Gago in CM.
    Palacio in for Higuain.
    I hope this true.

  11. #26
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North pole
    Posts
    1,060
    Ahhh! I dont feel great about this match and Argentina will squeeze through at best! Just look at what happened today in Belo Horizonte where the Argentina camp is located ONLY 5 miles away from the crash. The scary thing is the team bus used to travel that path to training.




    Belgium might have the youngest team where as the Albiceleste it the oldest in the tournament. Taking the game into extra time will be in Belgium's favour.

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Djab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    1,208
    Quote Originally Posted by King Leo View Post
    Ahhh! I dont feel great about this match and Argentina will squeeze through at best! Just look at what happened today in Belo Horizonte where the Argentina camp is located ONLY 5 miles away from the crash. The scary thing is the team bus used to travel that path to training.

    Oh shit. What happened there? The bridge collapsed or something?

  13. #28
    Banned

    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    North pole
    Posts
    1,060
    yup it collapsed and killed at least one person, many injured. The project was due before the WC but the work on it still continues. I think Blatter's FIFA will help Brazil as much as possible to win the cup in order to cover for the disastrous wc projects. This government will collapse if Brazil wont win the WC mark my word,.

  14. #29
    Flavia
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by King Leo View Post
    yup it collapsed and killed at least one person, many injured. The project was due before the WC but the work on it still continues. I think Blatter's FIFA will help Brazil as much as possible to win the cup in order to cover for the disastrous wc projects. This government will collapse if Brazil wont win the WC mark my word,.
    Nah, the government won't collapse. It's election year, though.
    It could affect the voting.

    A true shame that incident. They rushed it, or it was badly done... 2 people lost their lives.

  15. #30
    Senior Member
    Djab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Location
    Posts
    1,208
    It's really saddening to see something like this. People killed anywhere by any incident is always sad.