QF: Argentina - Belgium 1-0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
What? Miracle? Belgium is the favorite - by far. Only Genius Leo can save Argentina. And it just seems to unlikely that one player can win 5 matches in a row - all on his own. What Messi does is far better than Maradona in 86 - diego had a brilliant team and the best defense in the tournament.

what is this

V

voodoomaster

what is this

Its easy. I claim that Belgium is the favorite based on the usa match and the quality of their players. Argentina hasnt delivered once, only Messi has - so its simple, Argentina depends on messi magic. And how much can you really demand?

Clockwise

Buccaneer
If I remember correctly according to FIFA stats Belgium has had the most efficient attack in the tourney so far...

FC B

Belgium looked better to me than Argies so far. I guess they are the favs. Argies has a single chance to knock them out, Messi.

FC B

We'll have to wait and see if they are better but as I stated before they looked better to me than the Argies.
Argentina has got a so so defense, a shaky Romero and in front only Messi and Di Maria showed good. I expected more from their play and also from the likes of Higuain, Aguero, Lavezzi.

I'm not comparing the history of those two NT though, just my view for what they played so far at this WC.

If I had to bet I'd go with Belgium.

N11JELKA

Sorry, but belgium is not that strong, I do support Belgium (I am from belgium). We have a strong defence, and a great goalkeeper, but have you seen them playing, way to slow, I don't realy believe they can stop messi or di maria.

If I remember correctly according to FIFA stats Belgium has had the most efficient attack in the tourney so far...

??? seriously, Fifa sees what I clearly don't see, lukaku-hazard, nothing but trouble this worldcup, every game played, it were the subs who saved us from losing. And courtouis doing a great job.
I don't see belgium get passed argentina. let's pray for them.

JamDav1982

Saw a rumor linked from an Argentina media site that they have been training 4-4-2 for this game.

Basanta in for Rojo at LB.
Perez in for Gago in CM.
Palacio in for Higuain.

King Leo

Banned
Ahhh! I dont feel great about this match and Argentina will squeeze through at best! Just look at what happened today in Belo Horizonte where the Argentina camp is located ONLY 5 miles away from the crash. The scary thing is the team bus used to travel that path to training.

122f3eo.jpg

Belgium might have the youngest team where as the Albiceleste it the oldest in the tournament. Taking the game into extra time will be in Belgium's favour.

Djab

Ahhh! I dont feel great about this match and Argentina will squeeze through at best! Just look at what happened today in Belo Horizonte where the Argentina camp is located ONLY 5 miles away from the crash. The scary thing is the team bus used to travel that path to training.

122f3eo.jpg

Oh shit. What happened there? The bridge collapsed or something?

King Leo

Banned
yup it collapsed and killed at least one person, many injured. The project was due before the WC but the work on it still continues. I think Blatter's FIFA will help Brazil as much as possible to win the cup in order to cover for the disastrous wc projects. This government will collapse if Brazil wont win the WC mark my word,.

F

Flavia

yup it collapsed and killed at least one person, many injured. The project was due before the WC but the work on it still continues. I think Blatter's FIFA will help Brazil as much as possible to win the cup in order to cover for the disastrous wc projects. This government will collapse if Brazil wont win the WC mark my word,.

Nah, the government won't collapse. It's election year, though.
It could affect the voting.

A true shame that incident. They rushed it, or it was badly done... 2 people lost their lives.

Djab

It's really saddening to see something like this. People killed anywhere by any incident is always sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans