Shkodran Mustafi

Jombi

50 million euros and this Valencia will make us Pay ever cent of it if we want to buy him :lol:

+tax.

70m euros for him?

I think we should look elsewhere. Valencia paid 8m euros for him as a replacement for the 20m euros sale of Mathieu. Are we ready to splash 70m euros on him as a replacement for Mathieu?

Now we already want to replace Mathieu? We gave him a 4 year contract. Where is the long term planning?

Jombi

Not good enough, not Barca quality.

He's definitely one of the best CBs in La Liga and in the world, and young too, but his price would be crazy.

We could get some of the other great CBs in La Liga like Eric Bailly from Villarreal, Sidnei from Deportivo or Emiliano Vazquez from Getafe/Atletico Madrid for a much lower price for sure.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He's definitely one of the best CBs in La Liga and in the world, and young too, but his price would be crazy.

We could get some of the other great CBs in La Liga like Eric Bailly from Villarreal, Sidnei from Deportivo or Emiliano Vazquez from Getafe/Atletico Madrid for a much lower price for sure.

Are they capable of playing for Barca? Not familiar with them at all.

Jombi

Are they capable of playing for Barca? Not familiar with them at all.

They've always impressed me when I've seen them play, and are definitely among the best CBs in La Liga. Bailly was signed as the replacement for Gabriel Paulista who went to Arsenal and has been a revelation for Villarreal since he signed and been better than Paulista IMO. They are top of the league now in large parts because of Bailly's performances. Just a week ago he had an amazing game against Atletico Madrid. Emiliano Vazquez is thought of as the replacement of Diego Godin for Atletico Madrid.

xXKonan

Eric Bailly? He had a pretty decent game vs us or so in the December Espanyol match. He was a bit shaky with Villarreal when he first joined them but Admittedly I haven't watched him since then but it sounds like he Improved a bit.

gasgas

i dont want any of those CBs to be defnding our colors against world class attackers in the UCL semis. atleast Mustafi makes the cut for me. Barely that is
:pep:

Jombi

i dont want any of those CBs to be defnding our colors against world class attackers in the UCL semis. atleast Mustafi makes the cut for me. Barely that is
:pep:

They'll probably be signed by PSG and Arsenal and then we will try to sign them from them. :D

Jombi

if they were that good we'd have already heard them being tossed around the rumor mill by now

City was linked with both Gimenez and Bailly in January, but quite frankly it would be ridiculous of us to sign players based on gossip news in the media. Unfortunately, it seems to be a strategy we are pursuing with Mustafi as well. Letting Valencia buy him for 8m euros (dismissed by fans as not as good as Mathieu), we sign old man Mathieu on a 4 year deal, then we will try to buy Mustafi a year later for 70m euros and probably fail, just like with Thiago Silva and Marquinhos. That's really not how a big club should perform business.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans