QF: France - Germany 0-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bertus

Thank you Hummels to have kicked out our shitty team from the tournament.

Hope the evra, benz and co. will be kicked out now (i know i'm dreaming)

DennyCrane

I don't know what to say about this match to be honest. Very happy Germany is in the semis now but mother of god, this surely looked like vintage Germany.

AURELIUS

That seems suspicious, 7 players having the flu simultaneously, in such a warm climate?

It's a huge country. The south is relatively cool at this time of year.

That by the way was a rather feeble capitulation from France. They just gave up.

zanela

Guess France missed Nasri and Ribery for this game.

They missed nothing. They just got overhyped after beating a 10 man Honduras, and a naïve swiss side, whose starting CB was taken out by the thug Giroud early in the game.

Alik

They missed nothing. They just got overhyped after beating a 10 man Honduras, and a naïve swiss side, whose starting CB was taken out by the thug Giroud early in the game.
So who's not hyped then? Colombia are the only team that seem to have comfortably won every game.

Der Kaiser

France were so... meh ? I expected so much more of them. Their midfield had no influence, Griezman looked the only one who really cared. We were poor offensively, Dchürrle should have buried both of his chances, and Özil wad his usual shitty self. But good enough I guess...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Deserved win for Germany. Hopefully now Lahm will stay as RB and Klose starts upfront and we'll see more od Germany and less of Pep's Bayern.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
I thought it was a good game. France was not over hyped before and they were not bad today.
Germany played very smart after the early lead and so it was extremely difficult for the French to create clear chances. And besides Hummels & Boateng, who were great, Neuer showed again that he is a superb goalie on whom you can always rely on.

Today Löw made all the changes that nearly the whole nation had wanted to see. That was a key to success.
I am still no die hard fan of the national team. Don't like Löw and some other things about the team at all but would be happy for several players, if they win the WC.

Beast

The Observer
Happy & disappointed at the same time
Happy we improved a lot compared to the last time ... the team is very young apart from Evra , Valbuena & Lloris .. rest are all young
Disappointed because Didier made couple of killer mistakes
1- you don't play Valbuena against the Germans , he is half the size of the smallest German player I felt sorry for him .. 30 cm average difference it was like playing football with a KG kid
2- He should have noticed the highline of the German team early in the first half.. pull Valbuena , put Remy .. couple of runs could have ended with a goal
3- Subs was way way too late.. to do anything .. Kosc for Sakho , than Giroud in the last 4 minutes WTF !!!
4- You need muscle to win over the Germans.. just look at Argentina -Germany in the last WC... you can afford 1 shorty not 2 in vs Germany strongest line the midfield.. Cabaye could have been switched.. someone like Gonalons would have been handy in such a game not away from it
Anyhow excellent run .. shell shocked for the first 35 minute than took over ... I remember Germany had one shot on goal till the 75th minute which was the goal..
Kroos was great so was Neuer ... for us it was Benz (very unlucky ) Pogba (only one who could do something ) and Griezmann
the only 3 who were trying to do something..Valbuena lost all the challenges & was overwhelmed for so long It was shocking how Didier kept him till the 80'th minute

Oh & I would have given a foul on Hummles in that goal for pushing Varane ...

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
Happy & disappointed at the same time
Happy we improved a lot compared to the last time ... the team is very young apart from Evra , Valbuena & Lloris .. rest are all young
Disappointed because Didier made couple of killer mistakes
1- you don't play Valbuena against the Germans , he is half the size of the smallest German player I felt sorry for him .. 30 cm average difference it was like playing football with a KG kid
2- He should have noticed the highline of the German team early in the first half.. pull Valbuena , put Remy .. couple of runs could have ended with a goal
3- Subs was way way too late.. to do anything .. Kosc for Sakho , than Giroud in the last 4 minutes WTF !!!
4- You need muscle to win over the Germans.. just look at Argentina -Germany in the last WC... you can afford 1 shorty not 2 in vs Germany strongest line the midfield.. Cabaye could have been switched.. someone like Gonalons would have been handy in such a game not away from it
Anyhow excellent run .. shell shocked for the first 35 minute than took over ... I remember Germany had one shot on goal till the 75th minute which was the goal..
Kroos was great so was Neuer ... for us it was Benz (very unlucky ) Pogba (only one who could do something ) and Griezmann
the only 3 who were trying to do something..Valbuena lost all the challenges & was overwhelmed for so long It was shocking how Didier kept him till the 80'th minute

Oh & I would have given a foul on Hummles in that goal for pushing Varane ...

Like Prandelli who has done a good job, he has also held them back. This German team was there for the taking, they are the most disjointed and least creative, just powerful and calm.

Birdy

French were the better side in this game..
Created clear-cut chances, instead of Germany who, after the goal, only threatened in the last minutes when Deschamps had removed md to play all attackers and the team was wide open..
Deschamps made many mistakes. Valbuena should have played as a 10 after Cabaye was removed. Giroud should had never entered the pitch..
Its is clear that the spanish recipe does not suit the Germans. I bet they will lose against Brazil.

Galning

I'm glad France are out. Three ridiculous elbows in the previous games by Sakho & Giroud when the ball was nowhere near the action. Disgraceful once again by FIFA that no action was taken against this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans