Want to see a Barcelona FC Match in Sept 2014

johentie

Hello All,

I am from Toronto Canada and will be traveling to Rome Italy for a wedding. I am going to take some time to visit Spain and would LOVE to see a Barcelona FC game during my time there.

Are there any games schedule from September 6-15 2014 yet?

Thank you ; >

johentie

i read the schedule will be released after july 24th... and they are on break sept 8th from what i found..

i hope i can catch a game!! first time in spain, first time in europe and Barca is the only team i want to watch... ; >

VivaBarcelona

i read the schedule will be released after july 24th... and they are on break sept 8th from what i found..

i hope i can catch a game!! first time in spain, first time in europe and Barca is the only team i want to watch... ; >

Where did you read this? The break is true as it's international week but the fixtures are out next week.

jj1873

I read either on Marca or the LFP website that the fixtures will be out after the 24th of July as well. I'll try find a link.

You just need to hope that they are at home on the weekend of the 13th of Sept. Can you extend you trip if need be? Flying home on Monday the 15th might mean possibly missing a home CL game on either the Tuesday or Wednesday (again, providing they are at home).

johentie

I read either on Marca or the LFP website that the fixtures will be out after the 24th of July as well. I'll try find a link.

You just need to hope that they are at home on the weekend of the 13th of Sept. Can you extend you trip if need be? Flying home on Monday the 15th might mean possibly missing a home CL game on either the Tuesday or Wednesday (again, providing they are at home).

no I cannot extend my trip.. i will be arriving in ROME on the 5th of Sept as it is my friends wedding on the 9th... i will be spending time in ROME from the 10th to 14th... the longest i can extend is probably Wednesday the 17th... it's going to be tough since my main trip is not to Bracelona but to Rome.. i am hoping to fly or train into Barcelona for about 50Euro.. but again i have no experience on pricing and how busy it will be that weekend if they do have a game..

I Am hoping for an away fixture on their opening day and then a home fixture on the 12th weekend...

Where did you read this? The break is true as it's international week but the fixtures are out next week.
i read it somewhere on this site.. i think there is a new thread somewhere saying he called LFP and they told him it will be out exactly on the 24th of July..

jj1873

Something which might help you save money is if you anticipate when the games might be.
If it is a Champions League week (i'm sure it is) then Barca would play Saturday and then the following Tuesday or Wednesday. Use booking.com to find a cancellation free hotel and once you see one you are happy with then book up.

Barcelona is a very busy City at all times of the year so you are unlikely to get a bargain price for staying anywhere near the Centre. Prices do increase the closer the date becomes so even if things dont work out or you find a cheaper deal then you can always cancel the one you've booked.

Never flown from Rome to Barcelona but i know that Ryanair operate a route from the out of town Rome airport. I imagine you'd pick up a flight for £20-£30 ish + luggage charges.

VivaBarcelona

no I cannot extend my trip.. i will be arriving in ROME on the 5th of Sept as it is my friends wedding on the 9th... i will be spending time in ROME from the 10th to 14th... the longest i can extend is probably Wednesday the 17th... it's going to be tough since my main trip is not to Bracelona but to Rome.. i am hoping to fly or train into Barcelona for about 50Euro.. but again i have no experience on pricing and how busy it will be that weekend if they do have a game..

I Am hoping for an away fixture on their opening day and then a home fixture on the 12th weekend...

i read it somewhere on this site.. i think there is a new thread somewhere saying he called LFP and they told him it will be out exactly on the 24th of July..

Yeah the fixtures are out on 24th of July. LFP confirmed this to me on Friday when I e-mailed them. You'll get tickets easy on Barcelona site for all games except the El Clasico and maybe Atletico at home if it's a crucial title game like last season's was.

And if Barcelona are away on opening weekend like I expect then they will also be away on the 12th September because they'll play at home on the weekend of 30th August. So like me you should be hoping Barcelona are at home on opening weekend.

VivaBarcelona

But yeah if we are at home on 12th September weekend then it's nailed on we'll play a Saturday night game at around 9-10PM local time as the Champions league is days later. The Saturday night games are easy to get back from as Metro runs all night so you can drink in a bar while queues go down, no rush to head back to your hotel.

PhilS

When the Barca schedule comes out, what you have to keep in mind is that the dates and times of the games can still change after that. All this season schedule really tells you is whether the game will be home or away. You will not know for sure the actual date and time of the game until about 2 weeks before the game, regardless of the date and time they print on the ticket.

This is tough on out of town fans who want to travel to Barca for the game. I got burned last May on some very late schedule changes. Try to buy your game tickets as late as possible.

VivaBarcelona

C
When the Barca schedule comes out, what you have to keep in mind is that the dates and times of the games can still change after that. All this season schedule really tells you is whether the game will be home or away. You will not know for sure the actual date and time of the game until about 2 weeks before the game, regardless of the date and time they print on the ticket.

This is tough on out of town fans who want to travel to Barca for the game. I got burned last May on some very late schedule changes. Try to buy your game tickets as late as possible.
Careful mate you may confuse people with that. The dates can't change in terms of the weekend it's played on, it could change from Sunday to Saturday but that's all!. If Barca are at home on opening weekend they'll be at home that weekend you just won't know the exact day and kick-off time whether it's Saturday or Sunday until 2 weeks before but they'll play on that weekend.

I am booking my trip as soon as the fixtures come out on 24th July. I will be booking well in advance therefore saving money and I will be flying out Friday evening and flying back Monday afternoon so I will be covering myself for any matchday really as Barca won't play on Friday/Monday. It's always Saturday/Sunday. I'll be booking for the weekend that Barca are at home unless it's 30th August weekend as hotels sold out and ones that aren't are 3-4 times overpriced that weekend.

So you can book your trip well in advance folks!

jj1873

Just worth noting that I read somewhere that Barca and Real could play some Monday night games this season. Doubt they'd get more than one or two each if this happens at all. Also, as of this coming season the Monday night game kick off time has changed from 10pm to 7.45pm (Spanish time).
Won't be an issue during CL weeks as they are pretty much guaranteed a Saturday game, but i'm half expecting the league to throw in one somewhere.

jj1873

"no rush to head back to your hotel."

Never a truer word spoken about Barcelona.

One of the best places for nightlife that i've ever been.
Ended up in a really hardcore techno dance club the last time i was over. Sound horrific but it was brilliant!

VivaBarcelona

Just worth noting that I read somewhere that Barca and Real could play some Monday night games this season. Doubt they'd get more than one or two each if this happens at all. Also, as of this coming season the Monday night game kick off time has changed from 10pm to 7.45pm (Spanish time).
Won't be an issue during CL weeks as they are pretty much guaranteed a Saturday game, but i'm half expecting the league to throw in one somewhere.

Very rare and unlikely mate tbh. Think I will most likely end up going in September on now either weekend of the 12th or the 19th. So I'll either be going before a champs league game or after it. So highly likely if I go before it's a sat night game and if I go after probs a Sunday night game.

NYBarca85

Hello All,

I am also traveling to Barcelona in September and would LOVE to be able to watch a game. My travel dates to Barcelona are September 5-9. I understand the schedule comes out in a 2 weeks, am I wishful thinking that they will play at home that weekend?

Home of Barca Fans