Ander Herrera

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
This guy deserves a thread. Sublime first touch, good tackling and quality through balls. United will love him.
Ander Herrera Agüera (born 14 August 1989) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for Manchester United in the Premier League, as a central midfielder.

He began his career at Real Zaragoza before moving to his hometown club Athletic Bilbao in 2011, and then to Manchester United for €36 million in 2014. Herrera won tournaments with Spain at Under-20 and Under-21 level and represented the nation at the 2012 Olympics.

Dave Saves

I know surprisingly little about him even though we just signed him. I guess that regular viewers of La Liga would be more clued up about his qualities. Would really appreciate if someone can compare his playing style to another player so that I know what is in store for us next season.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
I know surprisingly little about him even though we just signed him. I guess that regular viewers of La Liga would be more clued up about his qualities. Would really appreciate if someone can compare his playing style to another player so that I know what is in store for us next season.

Here's a player analysis that I sent to another user who asked me about him:

DonAndres said:
He's a quality player. A classic Spanish CM that's great at the signature Spanish 'pass and move' game with good vision. What's better for United is that he's well suited for the EPL given his height (182cm) and his extreme intensity as a player. His defensive workrate is outstanding and he has great stamina. He's similar to Koke in style. His flaw I'd say is that he's a bit 'rough around the edges' in action but I don't see that being an obstacle given that he'll be playing in more space in the EPL, under a coach as seasoned as Van Gaal, and in a slightly deeper role (CM rather than CAM where he played under Valverde).

As for his cost, it's certainly over the top with inflation and taxes. As of right now, the price is too much for an initial investment but he's fully capable of delivering and being pivotal in United's ascent back to the top. He's expensive but he can prove to be worth it.

Have a look for yourself, this channel has made a decent amount of game highlight vids for him:

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Killing it for United against Galaxy right now. Sad to see him away from Athletic but great to see him clicking.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is the real deal after all. United fans must be happy. But I still think they need another mid unless they are happy with Carrick.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

Home of Barca Fans